Cylinder Gas tank, star stamped on bottom

capguncowboy

Anyone ever seen this before? This tank has a star stamped in the bottom. I've had a dozen of these in various sizes and formats, but I've never seen any with this stamp on them. I'm pretty sure the tank is NOS and the green paint is original (where's chipped, I can see clean bare metal underneath). The cap was added later by someone

Last edited:

capguncowboy

I'm thinking it might help (if it's actually original). It's that classic John Deere color, but I don't know that they ever used a cylindrical tank on anything

Not many of the experts have been on the forum lately.:laugh: The original green paint might be a hint.:thumbsup:
Agreed Karen, Havasu hasn't been on in weeks, jdogg, mini kenny, and now Tom is missing ...WTH ?!?! Maybe not experts ...but good friends I miss a lot !

Lawn Boy edger or reel mower tank at least it looks like one.
I sold one on Ebay not long ago. I can tell you that I've seen that embossed star on other tanks that size so it's a manufacturer mark but I cant begin to guess which one.

capguncowboy

Lawn Boy edger or reel mower tank at least it looks like one.
I sold one on Ebay not long ago. I can tell you that I've seen that embossed star on other tanks that size so it's a manufacturer mark but I cant begin to guess which one.
Hey, that's the same star! You sir have earned a best answer :laugh:

Thanks for that!