Danford1 Wards 525 Just For Fun Class

This is my Wards 525 entry for the Just For Fun Class.
It is something I started working on earlier last year. I put a Rupp front suspension on it and 10" Rupp steel wheels and tires. It has a Briggs Animal engine and a torque converter. Massive fun :)

I plan to paint it the Wards blue color, put a gas tank under the bars (the tank on it is temporary), make a header and muffler etc.

I've been so friggin busy with other "things" I haven't had time to enter the build off until now. I Hope I get a chance to finish my builds by the end of May.

Cheers
Danford1

Nice. I would keep that puppy as it is, buy I can't wait to see what you do with it. :thumbsup:
I was tinkering and changing things all summer. It runs Great and rides Awesome with the Rupp front suspension and hydraulic rear shocks. Since I did a lot of work already, I had to enter the JFF class.
All I really have planned is new paint, new gas tank and make a header pipe and mount a muffler out back. It doesn't really need any more. I might get a seat cover made but the seat is just to comfortable to mess with a foam change. In fact, I bought a new Ebay for it but it wasn't as comfy as this one so I put it on my other Wards 525. I plan to sell that one so a new seat is a selling point :)

Danford1

I found time today to take this apart. Everything came off without a fight :)
I spent awhile figuring out how to mount a gas tank where I want it.
Now it is time to get it all ready for paint.
Next I'll make the brackets needed to mount the gas tank
on the engine.
Danford1

No pictures just a quick update. I took all the pieces to get Sandblasted and Powder Coated Yesterday.
I'll post pictures when I get it back.
Danford1

I took apart the old Rupp steel wheels I will be using on this build. The were rusted to the tires as usual... I sand blasted them up real good and also blasted the rear sprocket. I dropped them off at the powder coater last night. I saw the newly blasted frame and associated parts. They look good. He claims he will be powder coating all of my stuff today and tomorrow :)
I ordered up 2 new knobby tires for it also. They should arrive next Thursday.

Today I plan to do some work on my Briggs Animal engine. I'll take pictures when I do.

Danford1

Cool machine. You've got a bunch of cool options for the gas tank. I like modified bikes that end up riding really nice. We got one that didn't.
Steve

I put an AN001 cam and some World Formula valve springs in the Briggs.
I also did some mild port work to the head.
Next will be fuel tank brackets and a fuel pump mounting bracket.

Danford1

Last edited:
Small update.
I only had enough time to mount two new tires on my powder coated Rupp wheels.
Next I'll put the front fork and suspension together and try to make it a roller.
Danford1