Dave's honda 160 build

Have some porting ??'s . The NR racing intake i got came with black powder coat inside and out , really smooth on the inside . So i bolted it on the head and ran an 80 grit mandel though it till there was a smooth transition and i had a 80 grit swrill in it . They also don't line up inside worth a sh-t the way they come . But do all these type manifolds come like this ? Can't be good for fuel mixing .

I've got a ?? about head , and side cover studs vs 10.9 high strenght bolts vs stock honda fasteners ? Okay all these are screwed into a cast alm block . Seems to me that they are all stronger than what they are screwed into , so how is one better than the other . Just wanting some opinions and or facts .

Need help I'am installing rings the the top two i know they go . The bottom ones is a wider gap in piston there is two rings a thin one with over lapped ends and i think the oil ring , funny looking one . Ok they go together but does thin thin one go above or below the funny looking one ?

Well just want to thank everyone for all the help but i got it worked out . there were two rings kinda stuck together , and they go one top one bottom . Again thanks for the help.

Make sure you don't overlap the ends of the "funky" one.

Did you hone the cylinder?
Friend of mine got a nice cross hatch in there for me . We checked the bore and was within a 1/2 a thousand everywhere , lot to be said about a honda with whole lot of hours on it. And thank you for your help .

Okay back to my build , got my cam , rockers , chromo push rods , solid dowel pins for the side cover and 9 thousand Burris head gasket . Finished putting together the bottom end today and got flywheel installed .

Oh forgot to say cam and accs came from Tim Isky at smallenginecams . He even gave me a call and went over my order , super nice guy . And my cam is the BLACK MAMBA

Today got the head done and installed on block , got the rocker setup . Had to shim the pedestal with to thin washers and all appears to work well , also got my valve cover problem worked out . Motor is done still have to jet carb and try to start it , wish me luck .

Well tried to start my motor today and after some pulling and a shot of starting fluid she fired up and sounded bad asss . The idle was a little fast but seemed to rev well shut it down and now can't get it restarted with some spray she will run but not by itself . Every time i try now now with no spray nothing , i pull the plug and its dry . Carb has fuel have fire but seem like the fuel is not being sucked into the motor .