David Wulf's Rupp Scrambler rebuild

Like it says here's a little rebuild of my Rupp scrambler . which amounts to putting my modded HS50 on this bike . It's always had a Honda or predator on it and I thought it was time to go with what belongs on it a Tecumseh flatty . This afternoon I got the motor sprayed in Eastwood hot rod clear and then got her on the bike . Just need to get some new bearings for the Jack shaft and she will be ready to go .

Nice! I like the colors. Did you also retrofit front brakes? I've got a 72 Hustler project (My first bike). Mine came pre-Jury rigged with a Honda GC-160 and I have a Hemi Pred awaiting install. I was going to completely avoid the China motor but my buddy that sold me the bike had an extra brand new Hemi laying in the garage with the performance kit and exhaust that was going to sit there and rot like the Rupp was so I figured it just made sense to make use of it.

I keep thinking it would be cool to get an HS50 for it but they do not seem to be cheap online or plentiful locally. Also don't know how much tinkering I'd be in for to get one running great. I do think the front slanted motor looks "Cooler" than the clone setup. Also, Merica !

Side question, whats going on with your front fender? Is that an aftermarket job bolted to the tree bottom? Looks good.

Last edited: