DB30 Chain Keeps popping off

Do you have the OEM wheel for the DB30 tensioner? If so, a piece of flat stock and a spring would get you where you need to be.

Yeah, the wheel is stock.

My problem is that I'm so new to this, I don't know what these terms mean. DURR.... Flat stock? What the hey is that?? I work in medicine. I'm not dumb, just BRAND NEW. I've already learned a ton from this site, but unfortunately, I get lost in the terms people use at times. Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks so much!

jays0n

It's important to note that you weren't far off, if the chain is super loose you may want to pull a link AND do a better tensioner :)

buckeye

Hey man.
Don't feel bad. I am a medical person too, Ortho PA, and five years ago I knew absolutly nothing about this stuff.
Now just know enough to be dangerous.
Folks here will help you with most anything.
Don't hesitate to ask.

Hey man.
Don't feel bad. I am a medical person too, Ortho PA, and five years ago I knew absolutly nothing about this stuff.
Now just know enough to be dangerous.
Folks here will help you with most anything.
Don't hesitate to ask.
This is great to know. Thanks! I'm a Respiratory Therapist. I feel like an idiot with this stuff though. I didn't grow up with ANY help with these things. Pops was a slug, he never even taught me to change my oil in my car.

Anyway, do you know of any good sites where I can read more about how engines work? I know some stuff, but when I read the list of mods people have done, I get completely lost in all the terms.

Bored, jetted, cams, fly wheels?? Any good sites for complete noobs out there?

Just come hang in the garage with me. You'll pick it up. I teach 3rd grade. I took a clone in and built it with a group of 9 year old kids. It was awesome. We took the thing apart and talked about how it worked. We started with the air and fuel mixture entering the carb, and we followed it throughs the engine. We also talked about why my kids improved the performance of the engine. We all had a blast!

Also, you can PM me any question you want. I'll do my best to explain how it works. There are lots of great sites. I'd just google your questions and look for sites that explain it in simple terms. I like pictures and videos because it helps the kids se it in action!

Just come hang in the garage with me. You'll pick it up. I teach 3rd grade. I took a clone in and built it with a group of 9 year old kids. It was awesome. We took the thing apart and talked about how it worked. We started with the air and fuel mixture entering the carb, and we followed it throughs the engine. We also talked about why my kids improved the performance of the engine. We all had a blast!

You have no idea how badly I want to just come hang out in someone's garage and start soaking all this stuff up. I'm so bummed you live in IN! Anyone in the Phoenix area in to Mini's?? I could totally use the 9 year old version of how an engine works. Hahah! Thanks for the offer, wish you were closer.

You have no idea how badly I want to just come hang out in someone's garage and start soaking all this stuff up.
Arizona Vintage Mini Bike Association has a Face Book page. Not real active, but there are several people in the PHX area involved. I'm 3 hours away. Always in the garage doing this.

Arizona Vintage Mini Bike Association has a Face Book page. Not real active, but there are several people in the PHX area involved. I'm 3 hours away. Always in the garage doing this.
Ok thank you. I don't do facebook though. I'm only 28, so I'm sure that's a shock for some people. But I just won't be a part of it.

I guess I'll do some homework and see what I can find. Thank's Dave!

The all look like great ideas! My problem is I have a mini Baja with a jack shaft. The original mount for the chain tensioner has broken off. I have more time,tools, and equipment to build my own than money right now! Any suggestions? I have steel, and skate board wheels,that I have seen used on motor cycles and seem to work well. Im thinking spring loaded is the way to go?