DB30 Parts and upgrades in Canada?

Hello everyone, I'm super new to this bike, and I think mine is a Canadian Tire knock off, it is a Baja Dirt Bug LUAH starts the serial #, I require a recoil,air filter and cover, throttle cable, and chain. I am located in British Columbia,Canada. Any suggestions for sourcing parts? I do have the cover for the recoil, but no parts at all of the recoil. Should I simply replace the engine?

There are lots of guys on here from The Great North. I've read a few threads that mention a source for a new 6.5 clone that might be nice. It's up to you whether you switch motors. I didn't want to dump a bunch of money into a motor when I could get a whole new, bigger 6.5 motor for only $100. Now I'm pulling the 2.8 hp apart and looking to see what I have laying around to use to fix it up. I'm trying to do it on the cheap. I just like to tinker with that kind of stuff. If you're gonna spend close to $100 for parts, you might as well buy the new motor.

For all the stuff I listed, im looking at 160$ US, and then I should have a clutch/chain cover as well to save the leg...

hotrodminibike .com and that price doesnt include up to 15% for conversion to canadian as well as whatever duty I might get charged, but it does include a new tire i forgot to mention

I would like to go that route I think, but trying to find a Canadian source that isn't double the price of a USA store is difficult.

Princess auto had 6.5 clones on last week for $99
Cant beat that price and if your of any size you will need the extra power

Oh and welcome to OldMiniBikes:thumbsup:

Thank you, I may or may not be 225lbs, and my children may or may not be far too young to ride this by themselves.... When you say 6.5 clone, do you know a name or model number?

Harbor Freight Predator , 212cc , In the states they go on sale for $119.00 then they have 20% off super coupon , I got my last one for $104.63 including sales tax . Don't know if y'all have Harbor Freight up north ??

The powerfist 6.5 hp is considered a honda clone , and works great of those bikes with little if any mods

You will need a new clutch , to fit the 3/4" shaft with a #35 sprocket on it

The aluminum plate is a good idea but not absolutly needed , just do some carefull measureing and redrill the existing engine plate

You will also have to remove 2 to 3 links from the drive chain as it will now be to long

You will not be disapointed lol

I have zero experience with dirt bike parts, are the clutches and sprockets normally something I could find locally? Drilling I can handle, but welding aluminium to make a clutch cover is not my speciality, that's why the mod kit was appealing to me, I would like it safe to ride. Should I be looking for a specific clutch,considering im 225lbs? and my chain is badly rusted so I was gonna order one pre cut.. Any suggestions or corrections are gladly appreciated, thank you

You'll just need a 3/4" clutch that takes a #35 chain. They're between 30 and 50 in the states. I don't know about the 6.5 clones from Princess, but the Harbor Freight Predators vibrate the :censure: out of mini bikes. I went with the adapter plate. You will still need to drill, but it takes the guess work out of it.
Cutting the chain isn't hard. You just need to remove two links. I bet there are some YouTube vids that would give you a step by step. If not, email me. I'll see what I can do. I might have some old chain that I can send you a video of cutting it.
A clutch cover is never a bad idea. I can't weld either, but I did bend one up out of a scrap piece of aluminum. I made it a little longer to cover some of the chain as well. I'll see if I can post up some pics of my very basic clutch/chain guard.