Dellorto mounting question

Hey I just got my awesome Dellorto UA19S from the vintage kart estate sale David was over here posting about a few weeks ago. Did anyone else get one? This thing has just got to be NOS, no? It's pristine all over.

But I had tried to fit it on a manifold I bought while I was waiting for the carb to come and it doesn't fit over it.

Cuz there is a plastic insert in there. See? Right there!

Does that belong in there? Or is this something you take out after you buy it? I'm thinking there should be something between the metal when you screw the clamp tight. Then is this manifold not the right size? I got it from Blackwidow and they know their stuff. I didn't want to force anything or pull the plastic insert out until I checked with yous first.

markus

Looks like the straight manifold for the H50....which used the 22 carb not the 19, the insert is the seal and I would say also absorbs some of the vibrations and shock. Dunno how you would use in on a straight application anyway, something will have to be in the way of the exhuast if setup like that.

how big is the opening on the velocity stack that came with the carb ?? i would be interested if it fits my mikuni and you would like to sell it :thumbsup: