Deltek rockhopper

Hi from the land down under. This is an Australian sold Deltek Rockhopper, sold in the 70's by numerous outlets. They were a tiawanese manufactured frame fitted with an engine sourced in Australia, usually a Victa brand 2 stroke motor of 125cc, made for mowers and edgers etc. The 'proper' deltek motors differed in the fact the barrel is fitted backwards and they have a tiny Amil carburetter. We had one that my younger brother bought when they were new, forty years ago, and repeatedly tried to 'kill' it, doing hundreds of miles, wearing out numerous chains as they're only bicycle chain, reco'ed the motor a few times. We had it for years, in fact I don't actually remember what happen to it:sadcrying4:, must be in minibike heaven. The one in this pictures, I found as a frame on ebay, sourced another Deckson bike (similar design) which I ratted some bits off the forwarded on. Found a engine on a garden edger that was still in good nik, only put rings and gaskets etc, was very lucky to find the amil carby on another wreck. A few new bits that were still available through minibike spares and a seat done by my sister and that's where I'm up to now. A few more jobs to do, then it's going to my brother as a 50th birthday present, as a bar room addition.

Welcome to the sight! Those are cool minibikes! Cool 2 stroke engine, I am a fan of 2 stroke bikes but do not currently own one! I just sold my 2 stroke streetbikes but have never owned a 2 stroke minibike, still looking for a sweetheart deal on one!

Mr X

here are some pics of the first ever minibike i made with a victa 160cc 2stroke just like the one you have. i got this motor from my high school and it came with a custom mounted tillotson carb. the flange looks like it was brazed on, i had lots of trouble with this motor but then i realized the carb was upside down. so if i didnt run the engine for like a week with gas in the carb it wouldnt start after unless i took it apart and cleaned it. this still happened after the rebuild. but then i flipped the carb and it seemed ok. this motor was very light and had very good power for its size but i hated mixing the gas. also the mount was not made by me, it came like that.

WOW!!!!
That looks great.:smile:
I have a deltek rockhopper...which i thought was in good condition....until i saw your pics.
My grandfather gave me this bike when i was a little fella. I would always break it and everytime he would visit from Adelaide, he would fix it. But sadly he is now gone..... your photos have inspired me to finally fix it without him>>>>

Cheers,
Chris

I'll take some pics of mine and share 2morrow!

Last edited: