Determining dirtbike size?

Riley

whats the easiest way to determine if a dirtbike is the right size for you? i have heard that when you sit on it, you have to be able to have both feet flat on the ground?

klym

i'd suggest getting a smaller dirtbike first, where you could put both feet flat on the ground as a starter bike, then when your used to it, get one where only the toes of your feet are on the ground, it's all about the skill level of the rider, the smaller the bike the easier it is to handle, the bigger the bike, the better it is for offroading, hitting bumpy trails, and takeing jumps... i've owned 3 dirtbikes in my life...

Riley

im looking into a TT-R 125 as my first bike. i am 5'7 so my feeet are going to be flat on the ground. its not my first time riding a bike but it will be my first one i actually own.

DMR

im looking into a TT-R 125 as my first bike. i am 5'7 so my feeet are going to be flat on the ground. its not my first time riding a bike but it will be my first one i actually own.
thats the bike I would reccomend, been racing for 8 years, after that you could go to a yz125 or if your really getting good go for a yzf250 or if you wanna get crazy out-of-control 2-stroke power go for a ktm 250sx.:eek:ut:

change of plans. im getting a yz 125
The yz is a better choice, even as a beginner bike. the TT125 is too small and the forks will flex under an adults weight during off road riding, my 11 year old daughter rides a tt 125 and my even my wife rides a tt230. not knowing your age and weight, but worst case you'll grow into the yz as your skill level improves and you wont have to try and sell it to upgrade. have fun. just my opinion