Dewalt rechargable battery powerd headlights

Lucky enough to find a few 14v dewalt batteries lying around, i wanted to try and devise a system to replace the atv batteries my karts use.

Its still mockup so thats why the 2x4. The batteries have survived several rides now so i will soon make a more permenat mount and also switch over another kart. Havent blown any bulbs and I get a good solid 30 min of light from each battery pack. If this works out all i have to do is keep the packs charged.. no winter maintence.. excited!

Attachments

That's a pretty nice system you got there. Hope you aren't charging them with your ATV's charging system:nuke:. That would be like Samsung all over again.

Just today I started working on an alternator system for my kart. I had a DC motor and LED headlights lying around and I bought an "80 watt" buck-boost regulator from Amazon. The darn thing flashes "OLP" at 20W. China had it's laugh, time to bring out the big guns and make my own.

edit: Forgot to say that if those are 12V bulbs, 14V is not going to hurt them at all. When a 12V lead-acid is charging the voltage is 13.2V-14.5V anyway.

Last edited:
very interesting idea. i had an idea to use an rc car battery pack to power a brake light. the drill battery never even crossed my mind lol.

very interesting idea. i had an idea to use an rc car battery pack to power a brake light. the drill battery never even crossed my mind lol.
I use the smaller model.It charges in the same port that powers out and it has its own switch on the unit..works led lights a 2-3 hours.i used a 3 wire trailer light wired w one side always on and a killswitch mounted to the brake side of handlebars to manually turn on the brake light... https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_od...sid=m570.l1313&_nkw=talentcell+12vdc&_sacat=0