Do you have a dream car?

65ShelbyClone

If so, post a picture!

I figure to make it a little more interesting, we can use opposite ends of the spectrum:
1.) Ultra high-dollar cars that you and most people in general are not likely to ever own. Any car, new or old. Want a 1966 GT40? Cool. Want a 2008 Bugatti Veyron? That's cool too.
2.) Something more realistic that you may or may not already have.

I was digging through my photobucket and found my sole dream car:
1.) Ferrari F40;

They only cost now what they did new back in 1987...around $275,000. :1orglaugh: Well, that was several years ago the last time I looked. They may fetch more now.

I actually own one of my second choices.
2.) 1984 Mustang SVO:

It's a neat and rare car, but generally not sought after and is difficult to get parts for. It's fun as Hell to drive, though.

Can you tell I have a penchant for cars from the 1980s turbo era?

No more cars or boats for us. Since we travel a lot and attend over 20 motorcycle shows a year, a nice Renegade Toyhauler would make my day. :thumbsup:

I've wanted a '68 Charger since 1968 when I was 12 years old. Maybe I'll get one someday. It was my pre-teen dream machine, and is the flat-out, hands-down, best looking American car of all time, IMO. I thought so then and I still do today. But there are many others that appeal to me, US and foreign alike. The list goes on and on... And like Brian, I think '69 Mustangs are pretty neat, but I'd rather have a Mach I than a Shelby. The Shelby looks too tarted-up for my taste.

I have all mine
1970 chevelle
1970 Monte carol
and my 1970 nova project car
and cant forget the daily drivers
1986 k5 blazer full size 4x4
1994 f350 ext cab 4x4

65ShelbyClone

No more supercars yet, huh? You guys are too practical. :1orglaugh: The toyhauler is an interesting angle, though.

There are lots of other cars and trucks I'd like to have for filling various wants and purposes. A '76-78 "Euro" Mercury Capri, Toyota FJ55, late '60s Ford F100 4x4, '87-89 Chrysler Conquest/Mitsubishi Starion, etc. I'll have to think of more and dig up some photos.

1. 1955 300SL
The most beautiful car ever produced.

2. 1980 Camaro
Sunk every cent I earned and minute i had free in high school into making this girl scream. Sitting in my parents garage waiting for my broke ass to do it justice.

the W210 Mercedes E55 AMG was a dream car for me in a way since i wanted one for years. i finally picked up a 2001 Tectite Grey one a few weeks ago. This color is pretty rare and 2001 was the lowest production year for them (AMG only made 659 that year). these were the last AMG cars where the major portion of the production took place by hand at AMG in Affalterbach. it's sitting on 19" Brabus Monoblock V wheels and has a blacked out grill, otherwise it's all stock.

my probably not going to happen dream car...

'08+ Mercedes SL65 AMG (604hp V12TT)

if you can't tell, i have a hard-on for AMG's. :laugh:

Last edited:

wjustice

#1 - Original 65-67AC/Shelby Cobra MkIII S/C or even better Carroll Shelby's original Super Snake that sold last year(5mil+)

#2 - Nissan GTR - A bit of a sleeper as people don't realize what they are. And its almost affordable. Who knows maybe someday.

Bonanza - I drove your #2 choice for almost 10 years. If I ever find another that hasn't rotted away.......

Heres a few of my most wanteds. The gulf gt-40 is #1. Pretty obtainable too because i wouldnt want an original or even a new GT . I want a replica or to even build a replica and theres plenty of kits available for under 80k iv wanted one ever since i found out about them on gran turismo 2. Next up is the martini porsche but iv already got a 911 so thats like the pinacle of 911s for me. And the lotus esprit v8 twin turbos and lotus exiges are pretty dreamy also. Theres lots of others but these are high on the list. Maby someday :smile:

1-I'd like to have a ford falcon with a big v8 stuffed in...One of the later ones, not the early ones with the rounded, sloped down nose.

2-1990 or so ford festiva all dented up and painted like a demo derby car, but street legal. Right now i've got a stock 1990 mazda miata...unless I decide to get one of those mustang v8 kits to put in it.