Do you use a bushing between clutch/engine for Predator 212 on Coleman CT200U???

Hello... Hoping someone here might know the answer and be able to help out... Just had my engine on my Coleman CT200U die off on me. Got a Predator 212 to put on it. But the drive shaft on the Predator is 3/4 inch while the drive shaft on the original Coleman engine is 5/8... I guess they built the very 1st ones with a 5/8 instead of 3/4... So I now need a new clutch that will fit the 3/4 drive shaft on the predator 212...

Now here is the confusing part... The original engine had a metal bushing between the clutch and the engine... Im now looking around for that part but 1 that would fit the 3/4 drive shaft on the predator212 and the only option anyone has seems to be the bushing used on the Baja MB200 models. Those seem to be 13mm wide tho and the bushing used on the original coleman engine isn't that wide... So the question is... Do you use a bushing between the clutch and engine when you put a Predator 212 onto a Coleman CT200U?? And if you do what part do you use and where can it be found? Im hoping someone out there has already done this before and will know the answer... Please help so I can get back up and going... Thanks...

Last edited:

SAS289

I think the spacer is (appx 5/16) 8mm. Have you called any suppliers like OldMiniBikes warehouse? They should be able to quickly answer this question and have the part you need.

Have you measured the output (PTO) shaft length and compared the Coleman 16mm shaft to the length of the Predator shaft? I know the Coleman 16mm is the same as a clone in length. Predator I do not know.

On the Coleman parts site the part size is 26x19.5x8. This is what you need if the length of the Coleman shaft is the same length as the Predator. The 19.5 mm number is the inner diameter of the spacer. It will fit on a 3/4 shaft. The part costs a dollar but knowing Coleman the shipping might be $25 and it will take 6 weeks to arrive. :smile:

Last edited:
[MENTION=54903]Raskin[/MENTION]

He should have an answer for your question.
If you got any bushing bigger just gind it down or get a spacer from hardware store and grind it down ..i got an engine using no bushing because keyway cut into shaft bottoms out before touches case or plate of jackshaft (most clutches key is intragal part of clutch).some people I've seen let clutch float where it likes..long as not touching i think you're golden

Last edited:
A floating clutch is Not a good idea. The key way in the crank will get beat up and get wider. That makes it loose, when it is loose it gets beat up more which makes it wider... rinse and repeat...
The clutch bolt should be tight against the clutch to prevent that.
You can use washers with a 3/4" hole in them. You just need something that goes up against the shoulder on the crank. The clutch is then held tight against the washers and the clutch bolt holds it all together.

JMO Danford1

SAS289

The spacer on the bottom is for the 16mm shaft. The one on the top is for the 3/4 shaft. Your post reminded me that I will need one. Spacer came from ACE hardware. I just cut it down to size with the sawzall and cleaned it up on the grinder.

20170817_223621.jpg

Last edited:
A floating clutch is Not a good idea. The key way in the crank will get beat up and get wider. That makes it loose, when it is loose it gets beat up more which makes it wider... rinse and repeat...
You can use washers with a 3/4" hole in them. You just need something that goes up against the shoulder on the crank. The clutch is then held tight against the washers and the clutch bolt holds it all together.

JMO Danford1
Yeah,glad you cleared that part up:thumbsup:..i saw guy on ytube said floating clutch no problem

SAS289... I talked to the folks at OldMiniBikes warehouse but they didnt seem to know what the answer is as far as what bushing would go between a predator 212 and the clutch. Or if you needed 1 at all... The shaft is the same length as the original Coleman engine. I cant seem to find the Coleman parts site tho that you talk of. On the normal old Coleman site they seem to sell parts but have nothing for their mini bikes on there from what I can tell...

SAS289

SAS289... I talked to the folks at OldMiniBikes warehouse but they didnt seem to know what the answer is as far as what bushing would go between a predator 212 and the clutch. Or if you needed 1 at all... The shaft is the same length as the original Coleman engine. I cant seem to find the Coleman parts site tho that you talk of. On the normal old Coleman site they seem to sell parts but have nothing for their mini bikes on there from what I can tell...
Search Parts

Path is Mini Bikes/CT200U/CT200U-Clutch and Jackshaft Assembly. Part is ref 7. Part number is 21146

Last edited:

CarPlayLB

JMO Danford1
MaxTorque has discontinued sending set screws with their clutches and suggests that the clutch float on the shaft. If you have a good crank key way and quality key, you don't need set screws! Hilliard does not use set screws, neither does Noram. They probably don't know what they're doing?
The issue with the OP needs to be determined when he gets a new clutch. Are the 3/4" clutches the same width as a 5/8" clutch? When running the the clutch outboard, the hub may take up the distance.

^^^^ X2 , I race hard and put em up wet !! No stinking screws needed , let it float like a butterfly and sting like a bee , Georges hands can't hit what his eyes can't see , now ya see me now ya don't , he thinks he will but I know he won't , they say George is good but I'm twice as nice and I'll stick to his butt like white on rice !!!