Dog approved!

I ordered the magnatron, (electronic) coil, the new bearings for the axle and a chrome front fender, (I really can't get along with that plastic fender. I'm sure it was all the rage, in the mid-seventies, but it's time has come. Since the garage is not heated, unless I fire up the tornado heater, it may be another month before I get any serious work done. I have Red Line gear lube here. I'm sure that will be fine, for the differential, once I get it cleaned. So, when the parts arrive, I should be ready to go.

Finally! After 5 months, I have the seat back. The upholstery shop has been inundated with big money jobs, hot rods, custom cars, etc, because of the virus thing shutting all the shows down. People wanting to get their work done now, while they have the time. Anyway, I picked up my seat pan today. Now, on to some glass work and a paint job. 20200717_124359_resized.jpg 20200717_124413_resized.jpg 20200717_124429_resized.jpg 20200717_124359_resized.jpg

Had some time, the past two days, to get the fiber glass work done. All the cracks, breaks and chips have been fixed with a layer of fiber glass mat/ I layered three sheets thick, from the lower rear of the pan, up the back, to add strength to that area. I got all the rough sanding done today and will be doing the final glaze layer tomorrow. Then, on to the paint. Prime it, inspect for cracks, low/high spots etc. Then final sanding, another coat of primer, 4 coats of Ford Sterling Gray Metallic and three coats of clear. The frame is black, the wheels and blower cover, (on the engine), are Honda Alibaster Metallic and the tank will go black, (after I pull it back off). All said, it's coming, slowly. 1598572892535.png

1598573510704.png

Finally! I don't work as fast as I used to and I don't get as excited as I used to. But, I have to admit. this has been a fun project. I took it for the first ride today. I still have to make the torq converter shield and put the blower housing and recoil back on it, But, it runs! And, hey, these things are fun!

20201105_152018_resized.jpg

I74

Absolutely awesome !
I remember those, & rode one a couple of times,, that a neighbor had back in the day.....
That thing was fun as shit !!

Last edited: