Donelson Mini Mule

Does anyone have or have seen any info about these bikes made by Donelson Incorporated in Ames Iowa . I had this bike and the original engine given to me by an old man twenty years ago and I have never seen another one like it . Any information would be helpful . Fat Boy:shrug:

mybiz

Wow weeee a hard one.:shrug: I thought it might be in the same family as the Pack*Mule they were made in Iowa also. But different towns and the mule "badges" aren't the same looking.

I think you should get rid of it immediatley!!! I'll give you my address and you can ship it to me right away for proper disposal:devil2::devil2::thumbsup:

ok sounds good , can I pay the shipping too , lol

Come On Guys , I know I dont have the only one out there Someone has to have one also . Fat Boy:scooter:

Donelson Mini Mule was produced by my uncle H J (Jake) Donelson. They were originally made at his plant outside Marshalltown, IA but were later made in Ames, IA. It is the same company that made the Swamp Fox ATV, SpreadsAll grain spreader and Donelson bicycles. My brother and I both had Mini Mules. Powered by a Tecumseh engine 5 hp or 3.5 hp if I remember correctly. Also offered an optional ski that fit over the front wheel!

Fat Boy

Donelson Mini Mule was produced by my uncle H J (Jake) Donelson. They were originally made at his plant outside Marshalltown, IA but were later made in Ames, IA. It is the same company that made the Swamp Fox ATV, SpreadsAll grain spreader and Donelson bicycles. My brother and I both had Mini Mules. Powered by a Tecumseh engine 5 hp or 3.5 hp if I remember correctly. Also offered an optional ski that fit over the front wheel!
Thank You for answering . You are the first person to know what it is and anything about them . I recently found an article online in a Feburary 1971 Ames newspaper about the company move and info of what the company made that was the first info I could find . I have been searching the internet for a picture of one to copy the clutch covers and make a copy of the seat they put on it with no luck so far . Here is a picture of what I have , I also have the original engine and driver .

I'd be fixing that up soon!

:laugh: I have had this bike almost twenty five years and I have changed the bearings put tires on it :laugh: I also soaked the tank and it looks better but I have a nice one for it . I have the motor torn down and ready to go back together and the driver / driven cleaned , I just hate to paint it :laugh: it would lose it's originality .

:laugh: I have had this bike almost twenty five years and I have changed the bearings put tires on it :laugh: I also soaked the tank and it looks better but I have a nice one for it . I have the motor torn down and ready to go back together and the driver / driven cleaned , I just hate to paint it :laugh: it would lose it's originality .

You're almost making that buckeye guy look fast!

ALMOST

You're almost making that buckeye guy look fast!

ALMOST

lol ya I have a lot of bikes that ride and a lot being fixed so I never get into a hurry finding parts they always seem to come around sometime and then I can finish a bike up and go to another one .

I have no idea what some parts are supposed to look like as I can't find a picture of one on the net and never seen one before .