Doodle Bug Build Pics. Before and After

Greetings
I have not posted any build photos of my Doodle Bug project until now.
Today was the first day it was off my workbench and on the ground. It rode fine, until the chain fell off.
I don't think I had the engine plate tightened enough.
This started out as a frame I purchased off Craigslist for $100. Then the Predator Hemi engine, and the Stage 1 kit from OldMiniBikes, plus a few other pieces. The governor is still intact.
What do you guys think?

Sorry about the sideways pictures.
The fist is with the original powder coated red paint. Then after I chemically stripped it. Then a couple finished pictures.

Gadget Man

Attachments

Thanks Guys.

It's sort of a standard Doodle Bug re-build with OldMiniBikes parts. The frame was stripped and painted with metallic blue and then clear coated.
I ordered the tank from Kings Motorized Bike Parts, It arrived damaged. The paint was all scuffed up from poor packaging so it had to be repainted. I then had to shorten the original seat. I made my own 3/4 plywood base rather than cutting the original seat pan and cover. I sewed the vinyl cover myself.
All new grips, throttle, cables and levers were installed, plus a clutch band brake. I'm waiting on some black exhaust wrap that I ordered from E-Bay. Then I might have to say it's complete.

I think my next build we something with fat tires or a Tote Goat style bike.
Here are a few more pictures, these are the only ones that show up "sideways' like they should. I guess I was holding the i-phone wrong on the other 300 pictures I took of the build. If anyone wants to see some other part of the build just let me know.

Gadget Man.

Attachments