Doodle bug help :P

DaveL12

Hello all I am in the process of finishing up one of my doodlebugs and the last piece to the puzzle is the rear axel spacers/bushings and what lengths they are so I can cut my own accurate copies... thanks for any help

DaveL12

I’ve seen those diagrams and I don’t know what any of it means. When I got my bike the rear wheel was not on the bike it was missing the axel and one bearing therefore the inner hub bearing spacer/bushing was long gone and so were both brake side and sprocket side outer spacers/bushings what I’m most concerned about is getting an accurate copy of the inner bushing correct so that my bearings ride on the races correctly. The outer spacers are not as important but I’d still appreciate info on those if it’s available. I don’t wanna tear apart my other doodlebug and wreck a bearing in the process

Screenshot_2019-05-07 DB30 Hensim Doodle Bug 96cc Mini Bike (VIN LUAH) xls - DB30 Hensim Doodl...png

ID: Inside Diameter - OD: Outside Diameter - L: Length
39 is the inner spacer, 13mm ID, 18mm OD, 162mm L
37 is the sprocket side spacer, 12mm ID, 22mm OD, 11mm L
45 is the brake side spacer, 12mm ID, 22mm OD, 18mm L
I'm guessing the 12mm spec is a misprint because they have to slide onto the 12mm axle.
To simplify things, just get some steel tubing that slides over the axle without excessive slop. The tubing needs to contact the inner bearing race and nothing else. Cut it to length with the ends as square as possible, a lathe is ideal for the job but you can get by with an angle grinder if you wrap tape around the tubing for a guide and cut carefully.

DaveL12

Won’t the bearings fail once the axel
Nut is torqued? The inner races would crush inward and misalign with the outer race causing the balls to prematurely fatigue...?