Doodlebug 6.5 engine swap kit

I have the complete 6.5hp conversion kits available. This kit is complete with all the parts required to easily and quickly install a 6.5hp engine on your DB-30. Everything bolts together with basic hand tools, an easy to follow instruction CD is included. The engine comes with all the conversion parts installed making the swap fool proof. 1 to 1.5 hour installation time. The photos are of a green DB-30 with the engine kit installed. The complete 6.5hp conversion kits are $275 + shipping

I also have the 6.5hp parts installation kits. This kit includes all the parts required to easily install a Harbor Freight 6.5hp engine (#66015) other "clone" engines or genuine Honda GX 160/200 engines. Everything bolts together with basic hand tools (no welding, drilling or filing is required) and an easy to follow instruction CD is included. Using this parts kit installing the bigger engine is fool proof. The parts installation kits are $125 and include 2-3 day shipping. Included in the kit:

aluminum adapter plate (motor mount)
new Max-Torque clutch (crankshaft bolt and washers)
aluminum and stainless steel clutch guard
hardware
throttle conversion parts (for reliable throttle hook up)
misc parts
instruction CD
2-3 day shipping

I have custom made headers available. These headers are made to order and fit stock DB-30 frames. The exhaust exits under the seat and above the rear fender. Bolt them on and GO!! I use CNC'd flanges from AGK, 1" mandrel bent tubing and a briggs 8hp mufflers. Painted with high temperature black paint or raw finish. Straight pipes also available. Prices start at $75 and include 2-3 day shipping

the engine plate Chris offers also works with 5hp Briggs engines. if you look at the DB30 pic in my sig i have one mounted with it.

i used it with a 6hp Tec Power Sport too but it took a bit of forcing to get the engine on there.

Last edited:

Norg

I got my kit and installed it yesterday. Wow!!! 6.5 really changes the bike. My girls are afraid to ride it now:sadcrying4: It pops wheelies with no effort!!! Thanks Chris, the kit was well worth the money!!! NORG

I have the complete 6.5hp conversion kits available. This kit is complete with all the parts required to easily and quickly install a 6.5hp engine on your DB-30. Everything bolts together with basic hand tools, an easy to follow instruction CD is included. The engine comes with all the conversion parts installed making the swap fool proof. 1 to 1.5 hour installation time. The photos are of a green DB-30 with the engine kit installed. The complete 6.5hp conversion kits are $275 + shipping

Do you have the kits available to ship?

hello every one, need some help over here, all the front cables were biten for a dog, this is about the 6,5 hp clone gx200, I believe the mayor damage was about the oil sensor cable, the thin cable from the candle is 100% ok, anything else is gone, so if some one could help me about what should i connect, i have a idea; but wanna be sure about it
ooooooooooohhhhhhhh!! nice headers, cjtmini; how much to Mexico; i like the picture #4 with raw finish.thanks

i have to let everyone know that i just got my kit this morning and did exactly as chris said. within 2 hours i was riding what i can't believe is the same bike. i put the oil in, gas, and it started on the 1st pull. this kit made the bike so much fun and usable. the original engine was the most efficient way to turn gas into useless power. i might build another one for the wife!

i don't know and the place wouldn't refund me so i went with the 6.5 swap. the original engine would barely move the bike and shook like a Tijuana crack whore. is that typical?

How is it going.....do you think that the 6.5hp kit would have enough power to support a 250lb rider or do u think it is potentially possible that i can maybe fit an 8hp engine or even a 9hp engine in my DB30?????

Thanks for the help

How is it going.....do you think that the 6.5hp kit would have enough power to support a 250lb rider or do u think it is potentially possible that i can maybe fit an 8hp engine or even a 9hp engine in my DB30?????

Thanks for the help
Yes the 6.5's have more then enough power to support someone who is 250lbs, Being that the DB30 is baja's smaller mini bike, and they use the 6.5's on there bigger MB165 mini bikes, and they have alot of take off power, so yeah it will move you around just fine. You will be able to run about 25mph on a DB with stock 6.5 motor.