Doodlebug 6.5 engine swap kit

I also have the 6.5hp parts installation kits. This kit includes all the parts required to easily install a Harbor Freight 6.5hp engine (#66015) other "clone" engines or genuine Honda GX 160/200 engines. Everything bolts together with basic hand tools (no welding, drilling or filing is required) and an easy to follow instruction CD is included. Using this parts kit installing the bigger engine is fool proof. The parts installation kits are $125 and include 2-3 day shipping. Included in the kit:

aluminum adapter plate (motor mount)
new Max-Torque clutch (crankshaft bolt and washers)
aluminum and stainless steel clutch guard
hardware
throttle conversion parts (for reliable throttle hook up)
misc parts
instruction CD
2-3 day shipping
I picked up the 6-1/2hp clone engine on sale tonight at Harbor Freight for $103.99. If anyone else needs one, just take the printout from their website showing the sale price and follow this link to get a 20% off coupon for free to take with you to the store. Wow Coupons - Free Printable Retail Store Coupons
Sweet deal! :punk:

I also am picking up one of Chris' kits. As soon as it gets here, it's playtime.
Tim

Last edited:
I have the complete 6.5hp conversion kits available. This kit is complete with all the parts required to easily and quickly install a 6.5hp engine on your DB-30. Everything bolts together with basic hand tools, an easy to follow instruction CD is included. The engine comes with all the conversion parts installed making the swap fool proof. 1 to 1.5 hour installation time. The photos are of a green DB-30 with the engine kit installed. The complete 6.5hp conversion kits are $275 + shipping
Chris, Thanks for all your help. Your kit came in yesterday. Thanks for the fast shipping. The instructions were great. My 11 year old son did the conversion in just a couple of hours with hardly any help. This is a great way to show kids the fine art of the shade tree mechanic. I had to govern the heck out of that 6.5 with him on it. It has a surprising amount of power. I'll be picking up a couple more kits from you as my other 2 sons wear out their 2.8s on their DB30s. Talk to you later for sure.
Tim

I also have the 6.5hp parts installation kits. This kit includes all the parts required to easily install a Harbor Freight 6.5hp engine (#66015) other "clone" engines or genuine Honda GX 160/200 engines. Everything bolts together with basic hand tools (no welding, drilling or filing is required) and an easy to follow instruction CD is included. Using this parts kit installing the bigger engine is fool proof. The parts installation kits are $125 and include 2-3 day shipping. Included in the kit:

aluminum adapter plate (motor mount)
new Max-Torque clutch (crankshaft bolt and washers)
aluminum and stainless steel clutch guard
hardware
throttle conversion parts (for reliable throttle hook up)
misc parts
instruction CD
2-3 day shipping
Hello, I would like to order one of your parts kits. How do I place an order? Thanks!

Thanks! No I didn't paint it, it's the color that the Wen Power 6.5 clone comes in. Just happens to match the red perfectly!

Couldn't tell ya where to get the Wen Power engine, I found mine new in box on Craigslist.

Hey Everyone, just wanted everybody to know the conversion kit (6.5 HP engine kit for my Doodlebug) from Chris is perfect. Everything from fast shipping, instructions, parts, customer service, ( I called Chris several times and he was a great help ) I am not a mechanic and I'm not good with these type of things etc but I did the entire engine switch myself. My DB now screams down the street and it climbs hills with ease. I'm 6' 230lbs and it hauls me around no problem. Thanks Chris! Rex

i have a gen1 (orange) db... will i need the install kit? the engine plate has a bunch of holes in it already...

i've seen newer db's and they don't have as many holes in the plate...

thanks...

metal225 I tried PM'ing you but it didn't work. for some reason you cannot accept PM's

I will email you tonight

Hellaslow, you don't need the install kit but it makes installing the larger engine very easy. I have special adapter plates to fit your frame. email if you would like more info

cthompson37@sbcglobal.net