Doodlebug 6.5 engine swap kit

I have to say, being an old school DIY'er I didn't think I needed the silly conversion plate and such....but it made it SO easy and fast to put the 6.5 on. Definitely worth it.

um im new to this whole minibike thing. I have a new doodlebug and i am interested in the engine swap kit. But im only 13 and i want to know if i can put this together:shrug:

New member here.

I just bought a new Baja dirt bug for my daughter and I'm thinking about getting another new one for myself so we can ride around together. Of course the 2.8 is too small for me (225lbs). I'm thinking of taking a brand new DB swapping out the motor using this 6.5 kit.

Will this 6.5 kit (with the motor) bolt on the newest type Baja dirt bug/doodle bug?

Will the 6.5's gas tank fit the new angled frame?

Is it just as easy to add this kit to the new style bug's?

Will the original sprocket work ok with the 6.5 kit?

Any special tools needed out of ordinary hand tools?

Todd46

I've read a ton of threads now on the conversion / swap kit for the DB 30. I picked up mine a couple years ago and my boys liked it at first. I liked it because although I could not really ride it given the tiny engine, it reminded me of the one I had from sears as a kid.

the boys are bored with it now but I know if I swapped the engine using CJTMINI's kit they would filp. I also think it would be a great project for them to do / learn a bit about how the whole thing works.... The are sorts nuts and have not spent time pulling apart their bikes or our mower the way I did as a kid (I never got good at puting togeather again though)

CJTMINI ... can you let me know how to buy your full kit? I want one for sure!

just got my db30 today!

already got the 6.5 horsepower hf engine thanks to everyone on this site. i been readin for a while decided to register today. Gonnna have to get one of these kits pronto. you still have them in stock? im not ready to buy being xmas and all but cant stare at the 6.5 fr too long! lol.... thanks

I picked up the 6-1/2hp clone engine on sale tonight at Harbor Freight for $103.99. If anyone else needs one, just take the printout from their website showing the sale price and follow this link to get a 20% off coupon for free to take with you to the store. Wow Coupons - Free Printable Retail Store Coupons
Sweet deal! :punk:

I also am picking up one of Chris' kits. As soon as it gets here, it's playtime.
Tim
Dude! Right on for this. Still working. The 6.5 hp harbor f engine is in sale for 129.99 right now and then you get 20% off in store! That's an effin deal. Thanks man.... By the way they had over thirty of them in stock at my local store. Vallejo, ca.

Thanks again for the heads up.

Hey, I would like more info on your kit. I cant pm yet on here, however if you message me with a way to get a hold of you I would get back to you. Thank You.

ordered the install kit yesterday from cjtmini and bought the 6.5 HF engine today, I know there's a CD ( DVD would be even better ) that's coming with the install kit but is there any in depth pics of the install........I like pics.:laugh: Thanks

ordered the install kit yesterday from cjtmini and bought the 6.5 HF engine today, I know there's a CD ( DVD would be even better ) that's coming with the install kit but is there any in depth pics of the install........I like pics.:laugh: Thanks
perhaps you should wait and see whats oin the cd.:thumbsup::scooter: