Doodlebug 6.5 engine swap kit

H.F engine on a Doodle bug

Just sizing this up does the engine hang out on the right side as you set on it ? Think about doing this.Would a jack shaft help this ?

I had to look. The oil drain is the approximate center of the block. On my jackshafted old style doodle clone the drain is in the center. The right side appears to stick out but that's because of the starter housing. When you add the clutch guard on the left side you get it more balanced looking. On the motovox without a jackshaft the drain is centered as well. It also has a plate. Again it looks balanced because of the starter housing and clutch guards. The jackshaft will actually push it more to the right the way I have mine setup with the clutch inboard.

Hope that helps

Yes it did, What's with everybody saying they have to move the rear fender mount ? It seems to fit just fine.
I think that's the new style doodle frame, and I could be wrong. I have 1 of each but the new style is still powered by the 97cc, my old style has plenty of room. The MBX11 is a tight fit and you do have to move the rear fender back.

Can someone message or email me about 6.5 upgrade kits, I have the new engine just need the parts to swap it and new clutch cover and such
ditto here also folks. new 6.5 sitting in the box and I'm hearing I need this, that etc... things I know is a new clutch, engine mount. I'm hearing throttle linkage??? any help would be nice. thanks in advance.

Mainly just what you said ..engine plate and a new clutch, throttle will work also... I think you will have to shorten the chain. Clutch is a 35 pitch chain and I would get a 12 tooth clutch.

I just put a briggs and stration 7.25 on a D-30 I had to move the engine quite a bit to the right
I will try to test ride it today
Has any one ealse done this set up
Thankx Bill.

I have custom made headers available. These headers are made to order and fit stock DB-30 frames. The exhaust exits under the seat and above the rear fender. Bolt them on and GO!! I use CNC'd flanges from AGK, 1" mandrel bent tubing and a briggs 8hp mufflers. Painted with high temperature black paint or raw finish. Straight pipes also available. Prices start at $75 and include 2-3 day shipping
Hey Chris, I bought the conversion kit from you a few years ago and I'm now interested in your exhaust setup to keep my kids from burning their legs. Are these still available?

Hi guys. Everyone updates to the 6.5 and I was thinking of the Predator 3hp as a replacement. Don't need a wheelie machine. The bike does not have the engine plate. Will one of the adaptors offered here work for it as well?

Hi guys. Everyone updates to the 6.5 and I was thinking of the Predator 3hp as a replacement. Don't need a wheelie machine. The bike does not have the engine plate. Will one of the adaptors offered here work for it as well?
If you mean replacing the stock 2.5 hp on a db30 to a 3hp should bolt right up without a adapter if you happy with a small engine.It's not more power but if you want something to replace a dead one.