Doodlebug 6.5 engine swap kit

I have the complete 6.5hp conversion kits available. This kit is complete with all the parts required to easily and quickly install a 6.5hp engine on your DB-30. Everything bolts together with basic hand tools, an easy to follow instruction CD is included. The engine comes with all the conversion parts installed making the swap fool proof. 1 to 1.5 hour installation time. The photos are of a green DB-30 with the engine kit installed. The complete 6.5hp conversion kits are $275 + shipping
hey i need more info please

I have the complete 6.5hp conversion kits available. This kit is complete with all the parts required to easily and quickly install a 6.5hp engine on your DB-30. Everything bolts together with basic hand tools, an easy to follow instruction CD is included. The engine comes with all the conversion parts installed making the swap fool proof. 1 to 1.5 hour installation time. The photos are of a green DB-30 with the engine kit installed. The complete 6.5hp conversion kits are $275 + shipping
Hi,
I am interested in purchasing right now. Just let me know how to go about it.
Thanks,
Rob

Hi, I'm new to this website. I have posted two questions, but received no reply. Maybe you can help. I have a two year old doodlebug with a bad centrifugal clucth. I have removed the clutch, which came apart not intact. I have a stock Lifan 2.8 with an 11th clutch with a 35 inch chain. Multiple questions. Am I too heavy to ride this at 210lbs? My son, Nick is 10, and it is his bike. It's pretty fun , but I am wondering if it was not only my inattentiveness with the lubrication requirements for the clutch as well as my heavy ass trying it out while trying to recapture my youth. Lastly, I have seen clutch replacement on EBay for about 35.00 plus shipping. Is this something I could do better buying locally? I live north of Kalamazoo, MI. and wondered if I should try a parts store or a bike/ snowmobile shop. Any advice you might have would be appreciated. Thanks for your time. Regards, Jayman

Hi, I'm new to this website. I have posted two questions, but received no reply. Maybe you can help. I have a two year old doodlebug with a bad centrifugal clucth. I have removed the clutch, which came apart not intact. I have a stock Lifan 2.8 with an 11th clutch with a 35 inch chain. Multiple questions. Am I too heavy to ride this at 210lbs? My son, Nick is 10, and it is his bike. It's pretty fun , but I am wondering if it was not only my inattentiveness with the lubrication requirements for the clutch as well as my heavy ass trying it out while trying to recapture my youth. Lastly, I have seen clutch replacement on EBay for about 35.00 plus shipping. Is this something I could do better buying locally? I live north of Kalamazoo, MI. and wondered if I should try a parts store or a bike/ snowmobile shop. Any advice you might have would be appreciated. Thanks for your time. Regards, Jayman
I weigh 210 and you can ride the stock engine but it tends to take awhile to accelerate with that much weight and hill climbs are impossible. $35 is about normal for a new clutch. I'll see if I can rip the clutch off my old lifan 2.8hp engine and I'll send it to ya for free if you just pay shipping

EDIT: I just broke the clutch trying to get it off the shaft, sorry. It was is really bad shape and it just came off into two pieces. I'm flying to branson next weekend if that's close to you maybe I could bring the two parts and see if you can do anything with them?

Last edited:
if tecumseh still made engines you shoulda put the 6hp ohh60 in the kit. i have one with a tav2 and it is friggen awesome it goes 46mph down hill and 31mph up the same hill, pretty good eh?

a DB-30 with a HF 6.5 engine, governor removed, MT clutch and stock gearing will go 41-42 mph on flat ground every time

tecumseh makes engines still (not flathead) but the HF engines are hard to beat @ $99 ea.

oh i thought tecumseh doesnt make engines anymore. my tecumseh ohh60 is pretty damn awesome it has stood up to 1year 2months approx. of full throttle riding, only thing wrong:it burns oil a small amount . it blows a lot of smoke when i run it on pure naptha : camping fuel

The adapter plate works perfectly with the clone and noram clutch we had on one of the karts Chris, thanks for the effots to make things easy for everyone.

next is fabbing up a header and clutch cover in the morning.

I gotta say, the clone engine looks a lot better in that space than the OEM 2.8

Thank You for the + comments, I'm always glad to hear the adapter worked out.

I'm going on vacation for 2 weeks if anyone needs parts/kits I hope you can wait until Aug. 15th

Clutch Guard

Hi Chris,
I noticed your clutch guard on your red minibike, looks great.Would you sell one to me? I have the greyhound HF 6.5 motor. Also how much for the whole kit bolts also.

Thanks,
Larry

Last edited:
Dang it!

I am new to the forum, and I unfortunately bought the HF 6.5 and clutch before hearing of Chris's conversion kit.

I guess I need everything but the engine and clutch.

Chris - how much for everything shipped to Sunset, TX 76270 except engine and clutch?

My son really wants to get this little used bike running.

Thanks!