Dr. Shop Teacher's - "Lil" Indian Model 600 - (Vintage Class)

See my question in the "Questions Answered" Thread....amputation above the knee might be the only solution!:laugh:
It's not as bad as one might think Pete. You might end up with legs like a cowboy when you are done riding but they are fun. You have keep your knees outward when you ride. No tucking under the bars for these bikes. :laugh:

Pete , when I think of the word "mini bike " this is what I think of ....your Lil bike has turned out awesome...clean , straight and not over done. Just beautiful my friend ! :thumbsup::thumbsup:

Engine to Fender clearance:

Engine mocked up (carb linkage and tank are installed):

Sun on the Powdercoat:

flywheel side:

Front:

PTO side:

The Beautiful Bootie-Rootie:

[/QUOTE]

It's not as bad as one might think Pete. You might end up with legs like a cowboy when you are done riding but they are fun. You have keep your knees outward when you ride. No tucking under the bars for these bikes. :laugh:
Oh, you have no idea:doah:....I can barely get my heels on the pegs (to clear the engine) and my knees are in front of the handlebars, even bowed out like a cowboy!:cowboy:

Pete , when I think of the word "mini bike " this is what I think of ....your Lil bike has turned out awesome...clean , straight and not over done. Just beautiful my friend ! :thumbsup::thumbsup:
[/QUOTE]

Thank you, Eric. Details, details, details are what's next. I may join CarPlay (the King of Bling) in witness protection by the time I'm done polishing the parts.:laugh:

Two steps forward and one big step back...

Ran to Richmond this morning to pick up a bike for a member, and got back to piddle a bit on the bike. I mounted the two speed driven clutch pack on the jackshaft plate to size the jackshaft and cut it to length. I got lucky and the output side ended up right next to a "c" clip groove, so that side is needing only a bushing and a clip. The input side requires a lock collar, but should be just fine behind the clutch guard or exposed.

I tried to remove the 2 speed from the jackshaft and ended up not doing so because the outermost gear came apart and two of the ratchet (????) directional rods fell out.....:doah:....and I had to take the whole thing apart to fit it back together with four tiny rectangular springs. I should have taken a picture of this, but my hands were covered in grease by this point.

I did get the jackshaft plate and the engine test fitted and secured to the engine plate. This task was not particularly easy with only two hands!

Then, a step backwards. I was under the delusion that I could sleeve the 5/8" crankshaft and the 3/4 ID 2-speed clutch would fit just fine. NOPE. :eek:hmy:The key in the clutch was not deep enough to fit in the crank keyway.:no::facepalm::no: So I played a little bit more and finally decided to throw in the towel and call Max-Torque. Jim is a heck of a guy just like everybody has said. So, he's making me up a one off 5/8" bore two speed clutch. Should have it Thursday or so. :deal:

Great work Pete. I love how this bike is coming together.

I have all the confidence in the world that you can ride this bike. Troy Ruttman was 6'3" and was able to fit on one. Lol

Great work Pete. I love how this bike is coming together.

I have all the confidence in the world that you can ride this bike. Troy Ruttman was 6'3" and was able to fit on one. Lol
Hah....now what do you say Pete ! I believe you can ride it to !!!!:laugh::laugh:
Oh, I'll get on it and we'll make the video....all my neighbors will think I've totally lost it, though! They already see this crazy guy with gray hair zooming around on an electric yellow bike three times the size of this "lil" one.

Pete I've spent the last 45 min looking over your build and it's just great , makes me want a little Indian . Can't wait to see it done .
Thanks, David. It's been a fun challenge.:thumbsup:

Read through your latest posts and it looks amazing. I have to say though that I was getting tense worrying that you are going to scratch it working on it. Keep up the good work, you are almost there!