Drag Racing??? Is It Dead?

Hey guys, Im Devan (DragATX) New to the site. So I have been away from mini bikes since about 2010. (didnt bring my bike to to Texas when I moved here)
So I have been really wanting to get back into mini bike drag racing, And grow it in popularity here in the area, But it seems to have COMPLETY died off since I last rode.
Is this true? And if so, why and what would be some ideas to try and bring it back down here in ATX?

Thanks
DragATX

buckeye

Welcome to OldMiniBikes.
Former Belton Tx resident.

The is a great group of guys called TOMB, Texas Oulaw Mini Bikes.
They have several events each year.
Mostly dirt track racing.
I know someone on here is a member, but, if you do Facebook search there.

Welcome to OldMiniBikes.
Former Belton Tx resident.

The is a great group of guys called TOMB, Texas Oulaw Mini Bikes.
They have several events each year.
Mostly dirt track racing.
I know someone on here is a member, but, if you do Facebook search there.
Yes i have already found them on FaceBook. And as you mentioned, They are mostly dirt, So I created a Page that is more geared toward drag racing this morning. Got some interest already, I am just hopping that drag racing isnt to far gone to save

There used to be about 3 or 4 guys that raced minis down at the track in prescott arkansas (not that far from the ark/tex border) but it's been years since I've raced or had a drag truck. Those guys were in their late 30s early 40s back when I was a teen (early/mid 90s) so I doubt they even race anymore. Might have passed it down to some children or grandchildren by now.

Back then they raced in an open division before the cars if there was enough toys that showed up. Could have been anything from a barstool, go cart, 4 wheeler, lawnmower, or anything else with a small engine that wasn't a dragster. Mostly younger kids that couldn't race cars or racing their parent's pit transportation for the evening. Was more or less a filler until the track cooled a bit and there wasn't much fan support I'm sad to say.

Last edited: