Dune Cycle Trike Anything Goes Class

Looking good. I find you need to keep going back and forth tightening the bearings as you keep spinning the axles so they don't bind.. And the more you cut off the ends of the bars the easier it is to turn. Too long and you are "reaching" for the furthest bar. Just long enough to have the brake and throttle so they dont interfere with each other.

And the more you cut off the ends of the bars the easier it is to turn. Too long and you are "reaching" for the furthest bar. Just long enough to have the brake and throttle so they dont interfere with each other.
Thanks Randy :thumbsup: That's the plan, I had Eric cut them down from what they were and I'll cut them to just the right length :thumbsup:

Well Dave and I got the rear axle put together last night but it wasn't with out its trials and tribulations :doah: And I don't want to talk about it its done and installed :thumbsup:

Its got rear wheels :thumbsup:

Its a roller :thumbsup:

Quite a difference in stance between the Wards and the Dune Cycle :thumbsup:

I got the front fender and the number plate mounted too :thumbsup:

I'm going to hit it hard tomorrow :thumbsup:
Looks good Randy..I like the wheel/tire combo ! :thumbsup:

Well I got some work done last evening and this morning :thumbsup:
I got the jack shaft installed and the seat finished yesterday :thumbsup:

This morning I got the band brakes mounted :thumbsup:

I'm not happy about how close this one is :scared: guess I'll just have to wait and see how it goes from here :doah:

Time to fill the idler sprocket with grease so I got a syringe from work and filled it with grease :thumbsup:

Chain and sprockets all installed :thumbsup:

All my shade is gone, its nearly 100 degrees out with high humidity :doah: So for now I'll sit in the AC and wait for the sun to drop behind the trees and get some more work done this evening :thumbsup:

Looks like it's working out just fine !
looks good randy.
where'd you get the rear hubcaps for the wheels?
was hot as hell here last weekend,been raining ever since
Thanks guys :thumbsup: Todd I got the hub caps from Eric/OND :thumbsup: It was in the 90's well after sundown yesterday, so I didn't get anything else done :doah: Its already in the upper 70's but I'm heading out to see what I can get done :thumbsup: It suppose to rain all day tomorrow :eek:ut:

Little heat never hurt anyone.
That thing just looks tough.
Excellent work Randy!
Thanks Tom :thumbsup: Us northerners aren't used to it so hot and humid this early in the year :doah:
I did get the hand controls and foot pegs mounted and cut the handle bars to length :thumbsup: after a little coffee I'll go run the cables, with a little luck I might just get it finished today :shrug:

Well, my computer crashed and I don't have a throttle cable so it doesn't look like I will get this finished :doah: Thanks to all of you who have commented
Edit:
Well my pc is working again(for now :doah:) thankfully because I hate my wifes I-Pad :eek:ut:But I still don't have a throttle cable and I don't even know where I can find one local :doah:

Last edited:

buckeye

String..:laugh:

I feel ya again. I can't get my rear wheel to stay straight.
I think I need chain tensioners.
And need a bolt to mount my clutch brake.:confused:
After taking the forks off ten times.
I am about to say heck with it until I get correct parts.:doah:

I have a throttle cable if that helps.:laugh:

I have a throttle cable if that helps.:laugh:
Is it 100 inch long :doah: I was going to use one of the brake cables for a throttle but I don't have a cable stop and the local hardware store is out :eek:ut: So I guess I am done, I ordered a cable and stop from OldMiniBikes but that wont get here before Thursday so I'll get every thing else done and I will be ready to race next Sunday :thumbsup:

Well just incase a miracle happens and I find a throttle cable before Tuesday :shrug: I got the brake cables run and hooked up and the kill switch :thumbsup:

I think this one should work fine :thumbsup:

I also made a mount for the throttle splitter :thumbsup:

So all that's left is run the throttle cable, clock the pull start, mount the body, mount the header and roll bar :thumbsup:
Lets hope for a miracle :doah:

don't you have a cable on anything else you can use?
like buck said use a string just to test.
are those wheel covers plastic or metal?
No the cable I thought I had was too short and I would still need a cable stop :doah: String might work but it wouldn't be done :no:
The hub caps are plastic Todd, they are from a golf cart :thumbsup: I have a pair of them on my Wards T555 too :thumbsup: