Dunecycle

Mojave

Still waiting to see pics of your Mojave500:thumbsup:
Yea, she's been on the back burner,
Got tank decals finally made, my muffler is gone missing. I know its here, been building shelves/racking in shop, so stuff has been moved at least half a dozen times.
Sent the engine up to Ohio for a friend of mine to rebuild a year ago, still not done. So anyway same old stuff, How have you been?
You got a line on any Kelsy hays brake stuff for those? My master cylinder is junk.
I can put modern stuff on it, just would like to put orig stuff on it,

What project you working on lately?
Didn't you have a Dunecycle you were working on?
I haven't been on the site in a long while, haven't been keeping up with it all. Looks some guys have picked up some Dinosaurs' out there.
Good to see some of those old things still survive.

My buddy has my old Mojave 500.
he did buy a nos gas tank for it off EBay a while back but has it on the back burner. I don't have any Dunecycles right now but I am sure I will again.

I remember seeing that one.
I got a couple gears in my trans box that are a bit sketchy!!
This thing had some water sitting in it, by the looks of the gears etc.
I actually found some original Armstrong shocks. They are not the best out there. I will probably keep them but put modern on it to ride around.
I managed to pick up another springer frame (rough) and parts to put a 101 on it. (eng bracket, seat tank, and a original muffler) they were real rare, to heavy for that eng. But thought it would be cool to put together.

Thanks for gearbox photos..
Mine looked about the same. They never put a seal or gasket on those. I think I am going to try to come up with something.

Thanks for gearbox photos..
Mine looked about the same. They never put a seal or gasket on those. I think I am going to try to come up with something.
I ended up filling it with tranny fluid and letting it soak. It cleaned up pretty well and the bearings even were rolling. It definitely needs some sort of gasket or way of keeping the dirt out.

WOW Do these pictures explain a lot ! Karl you have NOS forks from..ya know and I got parts from...ya know. In one of my boxes of parts was these sets of I don't know what!! Mystery parts lol Now I know what they go to....those forks !!

Look closely at Gumpits picture of front axle. HA,I've been using them to mount headlights on handlebar risers lol They're a little off center but work pretty good.
Thank you Randy Thank you Karl :thumbsup: I will now list them as "Super rare NOS springer fork folcrum" for thousands lmao

WOW Do these pictures explain a lot ! Karl you have NOS forks from..ya know and I got parts from...ya know. In one of my boxes of parts was these sets of I don't know what!! Mystery parts lol Now I know what they go to....those forks !!

Look closely at Gumpits picture of front axle. HA,I've been using them to mount headlights on handlebar risers lol They're a little off center but work pretty good.
Thank you Randy Thank you Karl :thumbsup: I will now list them as "Super rare NOS springer fork folcrum" for thousands lmao