Engine Problem

maverick1

My Subaru Robin EX 13 has been sitting for 10 months. Went out to ride my Rupp today and could not start it. Drained fuel, cleaned carb. Could prime carb and start it but would die after running for a short time. Unscrewed the pilot jet out of the top of the carb and could not blow thru it. Will this cause this problem.

Latent

Yea basically no fuel is getting to the engine and won't stay running try cleaning with carb cleaner and compressed air. You can also let your carbs sit in pinesol and they're clean over night and all the debris will be gone.

buckeye

Yeah, sounds like she's thirsty.
I love mine. That is the smoothest best running, easiest to start engine I have. Just wish I could get a bit more top end out of it. I have the throttle stop screw out but, when the gov kicks in she's done. Great acceration though.

maverick1

This is a very smooth easy starting motor. Just let mine sit too long with this crappy gas we get. I have a Robin on my Snapper that is about 30 years old. The only reason I still have it is that I am curious how long it will go. I would definitely reccomend S.R. motors.