Ever been pulled over on a mini?

So, been riding more and more around the neighborhood. I have yet to see a cop while riding, but my 11 yr old son say he had one drive by him while he was riding, and nothing happened.

Anyone ever been pulled over riding a mini on the street? If so, what happened?

A warning?

A ticket?

Bike impounded?

Just wondering.

The last couple that have seen me just kept driving, one stopped me and a friend and told us to stay off the sidewalk and we "should" be wearing helmets.

markus

swat team in a helicopter, 6 marked cars, 2 undercovers, me on a minibike:doah:

We used to ride in a area near here that is all roads put in, no houses. We were out there for the day on hardtail z50's (there were also alot of quads, dirtbikes, people wakeboarding in the big lake out there, rednecks in monster trucks, etc...

Kept seeing this dark colored heli fly back and forth all morning combing the area (It is a BIG devlopment). We just thought it was taking photos or something for real estate. Few hours later we come out of a mudhole and turn a corner on one of the roads and the chopper was coming at us about 25 feet above the ground with cop cars under it lights flashing etc... Looked like something out of the movies.

they stopped us Heli takes off and flushes some people out of the woods around us, and they have about 15 of us in one spot. Basically they were playing with their new heli and used us as the "bad guys". They took everyone's info, ran them for priors, and told us to leave. If we were caught out their again they would arrest us etc...

that was this day:

All these small time stories are nothing. LOL
I was chased off the Mexican Border in El Centro, California on a Flexo Big Bear Scrambler by the Border patrol in a Helicopter, and then was hunted down ( Escaped ) by a California Highway Patrol.
Now on Trikes I was put in handcuffs twice while riding off road Tri-Sports that I made Street Legal. I had a problem with not paying or appearing for tickets so I got the one way ride .
I am a reformed speeder haven't had a ticket in 13 years.
Steve :scooter:

sgv

its all up to the man and what they want to do some times its not a big deal:hammer: but u can get a :censure: hole and just wants your mini
then he will take it.

Motra

I got pulled over on Highland Drive and he just told me to stick to the neighborhood roads. He didn't really care. I've seen cops several times while riding and they haven't bothered me, it's probably not worth their time. It does make me a little nervous though when I buzz by a cop.

I got pulled over on Highland Drive and he just told me to stick to the neighborhood roads. He didn't really care. I've seen cops several times while riding and they haven't bothered me, it's probably not worth their time. It does make me a little nervous though when I buzz by a cop.
Highland drive! What were you riding?

oldfatguy

the thing about minibikes that attracts the most attention is noise complaints,so if you are out cruising around houses make sure your bike is quiet.Usually the police are fairly reasonable if they see you riding but if they were called for a noise complaint they have to stop you.

quick funny story,
years ago I had my youngest brother out in a parking lot riding a go kart. he was about 9,
this cop shows up and tells me that we have to leave so I wave my brother in to stop him. I guess that the cop felt bad for the little kid that was almost crying because he thought he was in trouble once he saw the cop. So I asked the cop if he wanted to take the go kart for a ride, he took a step towards it and was about to hand me his hat when he changed his mind .It would have been fun to see him drive it but I quess if he got caught he would have lost his job.

I have got pulled over on a mini bike for noise complaints. I rode my mini bike from my farm into town (5 miles away) and then was cruising the streets. Some grumpy old lady called the cops because my bike was too loud and the cops came and pulled me over on my way out of town. :doah: I should've got pulled over another time but I saw the cop car before he saw me and by the time he put his lights on I made it off road into the creek bed and took that way home. :biggrin:

I got stopped pretty regularly on my rupp as a kid, the cop got to know me after a while and would just tell me to walk it home. Never had a bike impounded ever! I figured just be respectful and honest with the cop and usually they will treat you alright. But theres always the exception....the guy who gets off on being a d!@k!

bandit 40

In my area,if they turn there lights on before you get off the bike ,they will depending on the officer take it and tow it...And from what I have been told by them ,you can get up to a $500.00 ticket + court cost. and dont plan on getting it back...I have jumped off of mine about 5 times with warnings...because I seen them from a distance:thumbsup: And at night if I see a car coming I jump off for a moment and continue after I make sure its not the law. Its far from full proof ,but affective so far:biggrin:

Well, I've been chased a few times :laugh:

I love residential neighborhoods at noon! Nobody is home and they wind around like a snake, no cop can catch you unless they know the roads.

OOO ya. the law near me stopped me on a regular basis telling me he would impound my boonie if he caught me on it again! I told them if they felt the could get me off of it they could have it, but plan on catching the bus in to work the next day. I used to impound 2 cities over and he knew I also knew where he lived and what he drove..LOL I thought it was funny whe he mother :censure:ed me as I sat back down started it up and drove around for a little while longer. :smile: But the worst was when I got caught in the Dearborn/Detroit area and I had to walk my fat cat almost a mile back into the Dearborn area and cut down an alley before I could start it up again. Those lousy :censure: followed me halfway home to make sure I didnt start an ride it! Man those were the days! Now cops are so crooked and the state so poor they will fine you if possible and keep your bike. :doah:

In my area,if they turn there lights on before you get off the bike ,they will depending on the officer take it and tow it...And from what I have been told by them ,you can get up to a $500.00 ticket + court cost. and dont plan on getting it back...I have jumped off of mine about 5 times with warnings...because I seen them from a distance:thumbsup: And at night if I see a car coming I jump off for a moment and continue after I make sure its not the law. Its far from full proof ,but affective so far:biggrin:
OO ya they will. My buddy got stopped by alexis and 24, they took his bike and got him for impeding traffic, $135 and that was just a warning?:shrug:

bandit 40

OO ya they will. My buddy got stopped by alexis and 24, they took his bike and got him for impeding traffic, $135 and that was just a warning?:shrug:
I know anything is possible, and you cant never tell what mood Johnny Law Man is gonna be in, I have just been very fortunate:thumbsup:

I know anything is possible, and you cant never tell what mood Johnny Law Man is gonna be in,
See, that's the thing that bugs me. If I knew for sure that I would get... say a $50 fine, I think I would risk it, or if I knew for sure that I would get 1 warning.

I have always been lucky, never been pulled over. When I was 13-14, I got spotted twice by local police riding my Hodaka ACE 100 on the street. Both times the officers just nodded or waved. Probably thought it was cool to see a kid on a vintage bike. :shrug:

About the same time, a friend of mine one town over got pulled over riding his 3-wheeler on the street. He lived just about 2-3 blocks from a large open area where kids would ride and was just heading out. The cop wrote him up for operating a vehicle without a drivers license, operating an unregistered (for street use) vehicle and then asked him if his mother knew he was out doing this. He replied that she did, the officer then accompanied him to his home where he wrote his mother a ticket for contributing to the delinquency of a minor. Impounded the 3-wheeler, to this day he never got it back, wasn't even worth the insane impound fee. His family ended up paying nearly $1,500 in fines before it was all over, plus a court appearance. :eek:ut:

i got pulled over once on my bronc. talked my way out of it. it was only a few weeks before i got my permit. never had a problem back in the early 90s riding my gocart around the neighborhood on long island and we rode alot back then. I dont ride much at all in the street anymore. Im too close to loosing my licence as it is. not worth the trouble.

...Anyone ever been pulled over riding a mini on the street? If so, what happened?...
The police were on us all the time when I was a kid. Several of the kids on my block had minis, and some unhappy neighbor would call the sheriff's dept. if we even turned a wheel on the street. Most often, the deputy would make us walk home, and might come talk to our parents. I got a ticket just one time, and my mom had to go to court with me. All of this was about 40 years ago. Just a few years ago I saw an article in the newspaper saying that the deputy we always feared most as kids was retiring after a long and successful career. The story went on to say that he was widely recognized and praised for his work with abused children.