exhaust and muffler suggestions?

hey everyone. so i decided to dig out my old bike and get it going again. One of reasons i put it away was because it was so loud and had virtually no exhaust, so i decided to change it completely and hopefully make it quieter. Its a Tecumseh H60 this is what I have thus far:
minibikr exhaust mock up.jpg
I wanted to make a flow through muffler on the long run, but i looks like i might have to put a small heat shield there. what do you guys think would be the best solution to make it really quiet without hindering performance too much? also it isn't tight ot the block in this pic so the angle looks pretty funky. thank you for looking.

muffler mock up.jpg \
This is what i mocked up today. think its too big i think i'll have to take about 2 inches off. i was just gonna drill some holes in the main pipe and stuff the sleeve with SS wool. what do you guys think?

jdogg- that was the plan originally but i need it to be even quieter. I have a :censure: (female dog) of a neighbor that would love nothing more than to call the cops on me.

jdogg- that was the plan originally but i need it to be even quieter. I have a :censure: (female dog) of a neighbor that would love nothing more than to call the cops on me.
I would modify someones throw away/take off stock Predator 6.5 muffler and make it fit!! They are pretty quiet in my opinion! :thumbsup: Or go electric!! :laugh:

Ya know, if you pointed it away from your ear, that might help!
unfortunately i love a loud exhaust. I'd run it open if i could, but suburbia does not. lol

I would modify someones throw away/take off stock Predator 6.5 muffler and make it fit!! They are pretty quiet in my opinion! :thumbsup: Or go electric!! :laugh:
yeah that's my plan B. I think purest would have a stroke if i ever made it electric, they don't even like the front brake mock up. lol

Last edited:

gbabins1

I do what Jdogg suggested when I ride in woods behind my house. If we ride somewhere else and noise is not an issue I change the goofy stock one for something cooler and louder. :thumbsup: