Fantic Bronco TX6

Divouneh

Hello, back on duty after a 250 cc Bultaco Alpina ;). I found a Bronco TX6 to rebuilt....
I will pick up the bike this week, and add pictures. My target will be to register it
as moped, probably using a Vermont registration.
Happy to be back in the minibike world, I moved to the Beach of Delaware ;).

Attachments

Divouneh

I going good, thanks... I will wait to have the bike home for the pictures.
I have seen few interesting posts about the Bronco TX6, I had a TX7 in my flat when I was in France.
Big challenge will be to have the TX6 in my home as display too :rolleyes: ...

Attachments

Divouneh

The Broncco is at home, I drove 7 hours yesterday ...
It is so small :rolleyes:. first cleaning today. oil, grease, carburetor cleaning for I hope first run.
I found in Ebay a workshop manual for the engine, for 20 USD: nice deal.
I suspect a crack in the right engine cover, not a big deal if it is confirm :rolleyes:.

Attachments

Divouneh

First morning, cleaning and first checking...
Gears seem working good, we have spark, I am cleaning the gas tank with vinegar (Usually we have no real rust when using mixt oil and gas) .
Tires are rotten and seat not so :confused:... Front brake is working but rear pedal is missing (I will do one) ;).
So many adjusting screws in the carburetor :mad:, next job to do with oil to change....:scooter:

Divouneh

What a day, changing the oil: very low level when i drain the old oil. Carburetor cleaning, and starting ;):p:cool:.
No special noise, but running very bad (probably carburetor setting), I need to understand the different system. I try to change the gear
and seems ok (in the workbench). The right cover is leaking, I will need to remove the engine to open it, could work for my tests.
Gas tank is clean, no major rust, I will probably use a coating for a long time storage inside.
Have a nice we...
I found some tires 350-7in Italy, seems very hard to find :confused:.

Attachments

Divouneh

This morning I ride tne Broncco to check clutch and gears, as expected no issues.
I need to push down the bowl to run it: Carburetor or defect crank seal: I will check the compression next week.;)
It's now time to imagine the final project, and do the frame welding before the future paint: Kick stand, foot-pegs, front fender support...
I love this small engine with 4 speeds :scooter::scooter:

Divouneh

Busy day...
Seat is done, tail light is set up for the final position.:cool:
Handle bar has now the final width, 4 inches less than the received handle bar :p
I have to finalize the front headlight, some more running tests before starting to take apart all the minibike.:scooter::scooter::scooter::scooter:

Attachments