Finally found one!

I finally found an old DB30. I've been looking for a deal on one for a while. It seems like you guys always tell me how you find them for $4, and you talk them down to $3. Well, I'm pretty happy with this one. It is spray bombed poorly, but I'll strip it and powder it anyway. It has everything except the tires. It even came with the extra wheelbarrow rim and tire (which is already off and in the junk pile). It runs. The float is stuck, so it leaks terribly. I've got that old Raptor sitting on the shelf that may find its way into the frame, or I may pull my kart motor and stick it on there. I just need to get me some new tires. Not bad for $65! Now I just need to finish my Build Off bike so that I can start this one! I've always wanted one of these frames, so this may be that last mini I buy. At least until I finish one of the other two projects I have.

Attachments

2SlickNick

Awesome!
The best part about these DB's are they are a dime a dozen. That means you can :hammer::grind::hack::weld: until :punk::scooter: and never feel guilty you are ruining a vintage.
I have 3: One stock ( not for long ), one with 6.5hp and TAV with detachable sidecar, and one converting to trike right now.

Nick, I think I saw a video of your sidecar somewhere. Is it the one that has the horns on the front? Used a barrel to make it, right? Yeah, I won't be chopping this one. I'm not a purist by any means, but I love the frame so much! I just want to mod the motor and enjoy it. I've got a buddy with a shop that is capable of building anything my heard desires, so I may end up building a big tire bike there. I can build it for the price of the materials. I just need to finish my Fox and my Bird before I do anything else.

Thanks, Chipper! I've ordered new bearings for the wheels. I found them for $1.50 each, so I went ahead and bought all new. I am gonna have to wait a couple weeks on tires. My wife is beginning to question this addiction. I've got three projects now, and one running mini. I need to finish these up! If I can finish the two build-off bikes soon, I'll be able to talk her into finishing up the old-style DB.

Hah! This will be my fourth mini (when they're all done). I've got two boys, so this will mean that everyone in the family has one. This DB will be black or green, not sure yet. She can ride the fox. It has suspension.

I'm not to far from you, I was looking at that one myself but was able to find one just a little bit closer to me.
Yeah, I've looked at yours on craigslist. I wish I had lots of cash and no responsibilities. I'd buy all of yours! The guy was really cool. I think I could have gotten it for less, but I didn't want to make him mad with a low-ball offer. It was a little uglier in real life, but I think I'll have it looking good. I'm gonna have quite a bit of elbow grease in this one.

My buddies and I are thinking about putting some races together in the woods. It would be just for fun. More of a chance to drink beer and hang out. I'll let you know if we get it together. You could swing by and give it a whirl with us.

Progress

Frame is done. Duplicolor in a can with duplicolor self-etching primer underneath. I used spray-on bed line ton the bottom frame rails in hopes that it will be a little more resistant to the abuse I will give it.
New tires are almost ready to be installed. The new carb is on the motor. It'll be a pump gas raptor now. I need to stitch up a seat. I may buy new cables too. I need to find a cool fuel tank.

Attachments