Finishing up the wifes modded MM80 ''for now''...

I74

I bobbed & repositioned the fenders ect.
The stripping is actually translucent purple, made from an adhesive vinyl trim sheet that I got from Hobby lobby, they have different colors also.
The pipe is from a MBX - 11, that I was very fortunate to get from PMR, ''THANKS GUYS''!!
Rear bracket on it I made from a stainless strap ect.
PMR machined me a velocity stack air filter adapter made from a 212 adapter, & should be here Fri.
Brad machined it down to clear the fuel lever, & turned it down on a lathe to accept a small cone filter, like the one they offer for the Coleman 100.
He sent me pics of it, & it looks awesome !
I will mount the adapter first & line up the breather tube, & then drill though the base side of the adapter to accept a 1/4 aluminum pressed tube, for attaching the breather tube.
Also trimmed the back chain guard, so it can be removed rearward with out having to disassemble the front sections.
In turn I also cut a cool looking opening on the clutch cover, so the clutch can be oiled without the cover having to be removed.

I plan on getting the 105 limited edition ''with suspension'' for myself, & then swapping in that engine on hers.
The pipe & adapter will bolt right up on that engine also.
Am thinking with her being 5'1 & 135lbs, that set up will be more than plenty for her, with the stock 11 -75t gearing.

Mine, I' am putting in a 212 Hemi, mounted on a CNC - PMR adjustable plate, with a gearing of around 12 -57.
Am looking at the under seat header w/ muffler that OldMiniBikes sells, or going with PMR's under seat w/ muffler , that is for the Motovox bikes.
Probably have Brad turn the velocity stack adapter down on the lathe also, so I can use a smaller cone I.D. / O.D. filter to help clear the center frame.
I will post another pic once I get the adapter & filter mounted on the MM80.

''Happy Thanksgiving everyone'' !!

Ian 100_5187.JPG

I bobbed & repositioned the fenders ect.
The stripping is actually translucent purple, made from an adhesive vinyl trim sheet that I got from Hobby lobby, they have different colors also.
The pipe is from a MBX - 11, that I was very fortunate to get from PMR, ''THANKS GUYS''!!
Rear bracket on it I made from a stainless strap ect.
PMR machined me a velocity stack air filter adapter made from a 212 adapter, & should be here Fri.
Brad machined it down to clear the fuel lever, & turned it down on a lathe to accept a small cone filter, like the one they offer for the Coleman 100.
He sent me pics of it, & it looks awesome !
I will mount the adapter first & line up the breather tube, & then drill though the base side of the adapter to accept a 1/4 aluminum pressed tube, for attaching the breather tube.
Also trimmed the back chain guard, so it can be removed rearward with out having to disassemble the front sections.
In turn I also cut a cool looking opening on the clutch cover, so the clutch can be oiled without the cover having to be removed.

I plan on getting the 105 limited edition ''with suspension'' for myself, & then swapping in that engine on hers.
The pipe & adapter will bolt right up on that engine also.
Am thinking with her being 5'1 & 135lbs, that set up will be more than plenty for her, with the stock 11 -75t gearing.

Mine, I' am putting in a 212 Hemi, mounted on a CNC - PMR adjustable plate, with a gearing of around 12 -57.
Am looking at the under seat header w/ muffler that OldMiniBikes sells, or going with PMR's under seat w/ muffler , that is for the Motovox bikes.
Probably have Brad turn the velocity stack adapter down on the lathe also, so I can use a smaller cone I.D. / O.D. filter to help clear the center frame.
I will post another pic once I get the adapter & filter mounted on the MM80.

''Happy Thanksgiving everyone'' !!

Ian View attachment 236501
Looks great. Nice job.. phxMark

I74

Looks great. Nice job.. phxMark
Thank you, phxMark.:)

One slick thing I would like to share with everyone, is a really good tool for cutting polymer plastic fenders ect.
The best thing I found to use, is a hobby X-acto balsa saw.
The blade is very thin & fine tooth , but pretty strong.
They are very sharp, so you definitely want to wear gloves, especially if you hold the project piece in one of your hands while cutting.

Ian

I74

Got the CNC adapter & filter today from PMR.
Here are some pics, starting with the breather tube mod that I did.
I drilled the hole for the tube starting with smaller bits.
Ended up with 1/4 inlet & 5/16 base. 100_5193.JPG 100_5195.JPG 100_5196.JPG 100_5197.JPG 100_5198.JPG 100_5199.JPG

I74

Did some more mods on the MM80.
It is now my bike, as the wife wants an electric E -100.:rolleyes::p 100_5204.JPG
Looks like I 'am going to be pulling the engine ect. & swapping in a Hemi.
I made a fork brace for it today out of aluminum, & stainless hardware ect.
Am going to get the fork suspension kit shortly, & the fork brace I made will bolt right to that also.;)
Also pimped the front wheel with R/C airplane adhesive trim sheet & chrome trim stripe.
The forks & sprocket I did with chrome adhesive trim sheets that a printing shop gave me years ago for my R/C stuff.
I also trimmed ''a lot '' out of the chain cover, think it looks tons better.
Not sure what I 'am going to do with the MBX -11 pipe yet.
Kind'a thinking of getting a 212 shorty header & welding it to a chopped section of the MBX pipe, really hate to butcher it though, as they are very rare.
Might just see if anyone would like to buy it, & then get an OldMiniBikes under seat one w/ Briggs muffler, or one custom made from PMR.
The velocity stack adapter is for a 212 anyway, so I' am good to go on that part.

Merry Christmas everyone !!

Ian 100_5212.JPG