First Doodlebug build

Then I added a Tecumseh HS40 and did a little paint stripping test on the fender. The motor was running funny so I rebuilt the carb and it still didn't run right. Come to find out, the dang engine had the wrong carb on it, so I bought a new one for $19 bucks off of Ebay and she sounds great now. The pic has the engine with the old carb on it.

T-Town Mini

You're off to a good start. :thumbsup: That Tecumseh will work good for your Doodle Bug.

Here's a look at one I built with a Tecumseh:

It was fun to build and fun to ride.

Are you riding that in the sand? Those tires look like they bite all the way down to hell. Can you give me a pic of your throttle set up? I have a HS40.

T-Town Mini

The throttle is a direct connection (not recommended) using a pusher type spring as a return. This is on an H30 using the diaphragm carb...the simple setup worked very well with barely a quarter twist of the hand grip for WOT.

Here's the best picture I could find of it:

I sold it this summer...:sad:

Those tires would do well in the sand but, they'd need a lot more power to dig in, though. They're Carlisle X-Trac size: 15x5-6.

Ill keep the pics coming because I plan on doing more work to her. Thanks to everyone who gave compliments and instructions. I'll attempt to make my own linkage and if it doesn't work I will have to for find one. Whoever had it drilled holes in the mounting plate. I can only get 3 bolts to work with mounting the engine. Is 3 safe?