First Mini bike, out of three projects... DoodleBug

still waiting on a few more parts to come in so i can finish mocking everything up, in the meantime, while it sounds very good, it is extremely loud. its cool and my neighbors and i get along very well, but i want to quiet it down a bit, so that it can be tested in the neighborhood...

picked up a small muffler from a local business that sells pit bike/ atv parts...

will test in the near future to see if it makes a noticeable difference in performance... this bike is getting a bigger motor, will be making the exhaust wrap around a little more and making a bracket to tie off the brake caliper bracket to mount it nicely...

detachable muffler option for doodle bug project - YouTube

Last edited:
That sounds awesome either way.:thumbsup:
thanks, i thought this muffler would be better (less restrictive) that the smaller rlv/pipe style mufflers, not sure though... but it stills has a deep sound to it with it on there, hopefully it looks ok if i decide to stretch the bike, but either way it will be fun for the family to ride...

have some angle iron laying around so decided to make a quick mount for the muffler... i was the hole thing to bolt on and off so will cut slits in the mufflers entrance pipe, so that it can be clamped to the header... there will be a hole (or 2) drilled in the brake caliper bracket, to secure the bracket to the bike and then a bolt/nut to secure the muffler to that... also did some testin and tunin with the family earlier today (with the standard clutch) to compare with the manual, once i get it sorted out...

Last edited:
i will clean up these welds, in a second... then, once i bolt it on the caliper bracket and the muffler, then i will mark and trim any excess... the muffler is a bit big for my liking, but it is the smallest, nicest one i could find, within my budget of $30 out the door... i may have to get rid of this setup, once i attempt to stretch the bike, not sure... going to prob design and make something else at that point... let me know what you guys think about the exhaust (as far as aesthetics)

cleaned up the welds, drilled the holes, bolted it all together, need to get some clamps for the muffler and cut the slits, so that it tightens down and seals decently... then will trim the bracket to make it look a little better... the muffler has a little bit of adjustment with the flange on it, so that is cool... need to get a sand blast cabinet to blast all that paint off... the green is hurting my eyes...

still need to trim and find a shorter bolt and lock nut, which i should have laying around somewhere (but this would work as is) and need to put two rubber washers with each metal one to help with any vibration

plenty of clearance on the back end

doesnt look horrible, i think i will like it when the bike is painted... it actually sounds really deep and nice...

doesnt look like it, but there is actually clearance between the bolt and the frame, but will use a shorter bolt