florida minibike drag racing league

trinik7597

What's the bore and stroke on the block that bellmit head is going on ? Did mdb have all the block work done and do the head ? Just curious what final CC's are to need the kind of flow that head will deliver

bore is 3.025 stroke is 2.437 makes it a 286cc motor. mdb had some of the block work done sold it to julio as a kit but it took a lot of work to make everything spin... lots of internal block clearancing ...rod hit the cam had to modify the dipper...crank came out of a briggs flathead had to mod the bearing journals to fit the bearings shave the bob weights to clear cam and cylinder..mod the cam to clear the crank..grind a lot of weld to get the lifters to work again..etc etc...what I got was in no way ready to put together, got it all right now, should fire it up saturday

trinik7597

I hear ya ... I had a rough guess of 265cc .. 286cc is very big !! Longevity and dependibilty become an issue ...Can't wait to see it fire though

ya with that amount of stroke the wear on the bearings and piston will be a lot...I told julio its a fire it up race and shut off engine no riding around for fun

trinik7597

Yeah that's not a cruiser !!! Crank , cam and wrist pin are weak points on a build like that due to clearancing keeping the head seals might pose some issues too

crank is an arc billet chrome moly piece real nice .using the f-275 dynocam and it has the extra thick wrist pin..what I don't like is the extreme angle on the con rod from that much stroke

trinik7597

Yeah but even the arc Briggs crank has a smaller journal to begin with ... And trust me they break !! Especially with a not so great rod angle at high HP ... Is it a billet cam as well ?

one of our best days racing all that didn't come missed out...got the 212 to run 60mph in the 1/8th and also joes kohler was running 60,awesome racing between these two...overpowered my drivetrain with my 390 and destroyed a 41 chain like ive never seen before..going to switch over to a new frame and a 420 chain

test and tune and drag racing this sunday 10am to 3pm at professional place tampa fl. check out our facebook page florida minibike drag racing league