FNG here, great place, 2 projects...

Hello my name is Aaron, was great to find this place. Ive got 2 projects ill be putting together, a Cat mini and A Brute Cycle 3 wheeled thing...

Great resources here. Looking forward to learning more.

I am into cars mainly mostly early hot rods and traditional cutsom styled stuff.

heres some pics of my 2 mini projects...

Welcome to OldMiniBikes and it looks like you have a NICE start !!! The Cat is model R3001, It had a Tecumseh H30 for an engine.

The Brute Cycle was actually manufactured in my town of Fairmont Minnesota. Info is scarce on them.

Here is the brochure pic for your Cat.....

Thanks for the brochure pic! thats pretty cool.

the Brute Cycle has been cut up pretty bad but its 99% there. its my winter project, i bought a couple of the 6.5hp Predator engines this week while they were on sale.

Im sure im gonna need some guidence on them as i get into them.

Welcome There are a few but not too many of the BruteCycles on the site , I have a purple two seater thats partally there and riding and I brought home a rolling chassis here last fall thats complete with the floor board that I needed and the drive setup using the torque convertor that was missing on ole purple . I can give photos of the drive setup if needed or any other photos you need :thumbsup: . I seen one sitting in the Twin Cities area last weekend when I was on poaching trip to northern Minnesota picking up snowmobiles and mini bikes :thumbsup::laugh:

Id love to see some pics of how they were setup, this one has a bastardized engine plate on it and no Drive, all thats there is the Differential and the brake...

did they have a specific Drive setup?

Here is a couple pics let me know what shots you need :thumbsup: This was a Street Legal Trike , I have the plate from the 70's that was on it .

45t

welcome to the hobby. :thumbsup:

Cats are cool, and as Derek pointed out yours originally came with a smaller motor. The predator you picked up will fit but may be more engine than needed on a smaller sized frame bike like yours. I purchased a Cat 250X bike like yours and it had a 6.5 hp clone motor similar to your predator and it was way to much engine for the bike. Don't get me wrong it was fast (41mph) but too much motor for my son.

I also had a R3001 like yours. I really like the color, very unique. You don't see too many original green vintage mini bikes. Here is mine with the orignal motor. The red bike sitting behind is the 250X with the 6.5 hp clone on it before the engine was removed for a 3hp Briggs.

Good luck with your builds, they should be great winter projects.

Just bought this Vintage Beauty, had one in North Dakota growing up on the farm, get cows for milking, fix fence get mail lots of FUN! However I remember it being a little larger with fenders on the back. Anyone know of these? Thanks.

Attachments

More of some on my toys, love to ride in parades with them. The first one is a Workhorse made here in Omaha and was owned by O'Keefe Elevator Company and they used it to haul tools from building to building on large construction sites. Had 8 horsepower Tecumseh engine was replaced with 6.5 Preditor . Runs very well.

#2 is a Super Tryke has 13 horsepower Tecumseh engine electric start.

#3 is a trailer built go pull behind with my wife and grandson for parades.

Attachments