FNG in Los Angeles

Hey, guys - this is a great forum.

I am in Los Angeles and looking for a new project. I race vintage motorcycles with the American Historic Racing Motorcycle Assoc. I am done with bike projects for a while because of the increased costs and also because I have 2 bikes to race and trying to put three on the grids over the course of a 3 day weekend by myself would be very difficult. But . . . I need a hot rod pit bike and outlaw cruiser and racer.

I went to HF yesterday and almost bought the 6.5 Blue Clone but I would rather hold out a little longer for a flattie - hard to find seems like. I would like a GenIII Raptor in an Azusa frame with 10" tires. The Azusa frame kit with 10" tires is reasonable $. I am also thinking the N-R Racing Yellow Clone "Ready to Go" has the upgrades that I might like anyway IF chose a clone. Any advice from y'all or motor sellers / frame sellers - please feel free to respond.

I want to build a bike that can 1.) outlaw race 2.) outlaw cruise (L.A. river sounds cool) 3.) pit bike cool.

I work as a Warranty and Field Service Dept head at Goulds Pumps / Vertical Pump Operations in Whittier, CA. Live in Hollywood, CA

First mini was a 66 Nova with 3.5 Tec / 24mm Dell'Orto carb/racing outboard boat megaphone exhaust. 50+MPH - and those little 5" wheels would shake, go side to side and then pitch you right over the bars. I did like the fork springs on that bike though. There is a guy in Camarillo, CA selling the same model bike now on eBay for 900.00USD :thefinger: I would go buy it but he's on crack if he wants 900 for that. Not in this economy.

I figure I can get the AZUSA rollerwith 10" tires - 300.00 N-R Racing Yellow Clone 300.00 Rather hold out for a Raptor III though. Just love the design, history and freakish sound of a flattie on a straight pipe.

Thanks.

Hey Trepanned 23
We race in the SFV. That guy selling the Nova minibike bought it on craigslist for about $350.00. I then saw it on ebay for $750.00. He finally got a bid and then cancelled the auction. He then relisted it for $900.00. Notice his name, Investcycle with 0 feedback. I guess that makes the world go around !
Anyways, welcome to the site !

BEO2
Yeah, I was tracking that on eBay, saw it disappear with NO BIDS at starting price=750.00 (huh?) It's still got the fiberglass chain guard - wow. But overall in pretty rough shape.
Let me get something together and hopefully you guys have some room on the track for me. I'm always up for racing, mini bikes, go karts, shopping karts, whatever! Is this the offshoot group from SFV outlaw soap box or something different? There is a link on Phil Little's site for the SFVVSB something, something, something

Thanks