Forum Upgrade

Hent

Since someone deleted my post yesterday....

The forum software was upgraded. There are still a lot of tweaks to be made so hang tight while everything is adjusted.

Please let me know if there is anything out of place or missing other than posts made yesterday. They were lost unfortunately to be able to keep all pics.

Thanks!

None of the "Album" photos in the threads are linked anymore. Black X's in all of them.

The Album's within the media section are not listed phonetically, so are very hard to find. I had to select a photo I knew was in a particular album to get to that album.

I downloaded a photo to the "media" section once I figured out how to find the appropriate album. Once I downloaded it, all I could do to get it into a build thread was to cut and past the URL. I did not find a way to move the photo over to the thread so it would load when the thread was accessed.

There is a neat way to simply download a photo within a thread. However, the same photo I'd uploaded into the media section was too big apparently to be downloaded within the thread. I did not play around with resizing.

Part of the above could be part of my own learning curve. I'll keep trying, but per your request, that is what I am seeing/experiencing. Thank you for continuing to make this happen. (I would insert thumbs up or butt snorkeling icon here, but we don't have those either) LOL......

Learning Curve- I figured out how to post the photos from the Media to a thread. Just like before. It's just that the box was in a different place. I note I can not edit the post above that I just made.

So the only issue I have from my point of view is the loss of photos within threads posted before migration to this software.

Hent

As far as the image sizes, and other limitations and such those are all things that I need to setup as they were not able to transfer with the software.

The images are still available, but may need to change some links in the backend so they are visible.

Since someone deleted my post yesterday....

The forum software was upgraded. There are still a lot of tweaks to be made so hang tight while everything is adjusted.

Please let me know if there is anything out of place or missing other than posts made yesterday. They were lost unfortunately to be able to keep all pics.

Thanks!
Tapatalk isn't working. Is that going to be an issue? It's the only way I really have time to visit forums anymore...

I was successful uploading a photo to the gallery but I don't see how to get it from the gallery to a thread.
Up loading a photo to a thread from my computer or phone and it says the image is too large.
Looks like all my photos are in the gallery but no order. There use to be away that you could use the last 30 days, last 3 days, etc.

I was successful uploading a photo to the gallery but I don't see how to get it from the gallery to a thread.
Up loading a photo to a thread from my computer or phone and it says the image is too large.
Looks like all my photos are in the gallery but no order. There use to be away that you could use the last 30 days, last 3 days, etc.
Karen, on my PC, I can see that same box we used to see in the "Albums" section where we have options to cut and paste. I use the one with the "BB" in it and that works. So it's the same. Just scroll, or look to the lower right side.

About the photos in the gallery not being in order, that is true. It is still a major pain in the ass to find a particular Album with which to post a photo. It only affects those of us who used the "Albums" to keep photos organized for example a particular build I am doing where I want to keep only those photos for that build that I plan on downloading into the build itself.

We really need a list of our Albums, not a bunch of random photos for this.

Is the upgrade finished? If so they need to go back to work...I personally hate change and would rather have minor problems with an old system than numerous problems with a new one...I hate change....

Karen, on my PC, I can see that same box we used to see in the "Albums" section where we have options to cut and paste. I use the one with the "BB" in it and that works. So it's the same. Just scroll, or look to the lower right side.

About the photos in the gallery not being in order, that is true. It is still a major pain in the ass to find a particular Album with which to post a photo. It only affects those of us who used the "Albums" to keep photos organized for example a particular build I am doing where I want to keep only those photos for that build that I plan on downloading into the build itself.

We really need a list of our Albums, not a bunch of random photos for this.
I don't have that photo box. I tried to copy the link on the top of the photo page but only the link posted in the thread.o_O

I do know the old system was outdated. In the long run this will be a far superior system. I thank Drew for switching over to a more robust platform. There will be a few hiccups along the way and a small learning curve for everyone, but after a short time you won't be looking back. Here are a few screen shots of some media related stuff to look in to.
my media.jpg

personal albums.jpg

create personal album.jpg