Found my personal Holy Grail today!

Found my personal favorite Rupp today. A guy contacted me telling me he had a minibike like mine he wanted to part with. It was sitting in a barn up at his families cabin up in northern MN. I had my doubts until he texted me some photos. Turned out it was a complete bike with the clutch cover. It even has the foot brake option. I picked it up today, took some steel wool to the chrome, and washed it up. Looking forward to restoring a matching TT500!

0319151715b.jpg

0319151715c.jpg

The clutch cover is cracked at a few of the tabs. That's easily fixable. The recoil rope is broke so I couldn't pull it over. I removed the cover and spun the clutch and driveshaft and they moved freely so I hope that is a good sign. It hadn't been run in 25 years from what he said. It is the original engine and shroud so that's cool. I was surprised of the condition of the chrome once I cleaned it up. It will be a fun project to work on through the summer. I think I will turn it into a nice quality (but not full blown resto) and just enjoy it. I know Jim at Black Widow can't wait for me to start!

Oh wow, looks awesome! Definitely looks better now than in the photos you sent me yesterday! Awesome find, for sure

IMG_0189.jpg

IMG_0187.jpg

Yes, it definitely had a good coat of dirt on it when I picked it up this afternoon. Surprising what a good wash job will do. I had a good adrenaline rush going all afternoon on into tonight.

Ding Ding

The clutch cover is cracked at a few of the tabs. That's easily fixable. The recoil rope is broke so I couldn't pull it over. I removed the cover and spun the clutch and driveshaft and they moved freely so I hope that is a good sign. It hadn't been run in 25 years from what he said. It is the original engine and shroud so that's cool. I was surprised of the condition of the chrome once I cleaned it up. It will be a fun project to work on through the summer. I think I will turn it into a nice quality (but not full blown resto) and just enjoy it. I know Jim at Black Widow can't wait for me to start!
:laugh::laugh:

That's a pretty sweet score! Not only the year/model but the condition and how complete it is. :thumbsup:

Beautiful find! Is the foot brake home made or an accessory? Is it attached to the foot pegs or is there another bracket on it? Looks cool, never seen one quite like that before.