Fox Campus Motors Are Finished

Just finished up the ten Briggs & Stratton motors for the ten Fox Campus bikes that I am restoring and thought you might like to take a look at them. I decided to go with five of the 3hp and five of the 4hp. All of them have been blueprinted to factory specs. with all new internal and external components being replaced as needed. The only compromise that I made to originality was replacing the old points and condenser type ignition with modular electronic ignition systems. Each one was completely disassembled, degreased, bead blasted, primed and painted in the original Briggs "ice white" color. And the best news is that I didn't have any parts leftover. Always a good sign. Actually; I've got boxes full of parts that were not re-used. All that's left to do now is build a test stand and give them their initial test run. Getting too cold outside now so will do that in the spring. The Campus project is coming along fine and with any luck I should have them all completed by the end of 2016. Thanks for looking. Ogy Briggs-2.JPG Briggs-1.JPG Briggs-3.JPG Briggs-4.JPG

They look GREAT Ogy! Funny, I was wondering how you were coming along on this project the other day. Thanks for the update! You are a true professional. I think the solid state ignition is a solid update and takes nothing away from the originality.

CarPlayLB

Ogy! You are an amazing machine! Those are awesome! Thanks for sharing the pics. Be proud of those! ..and no leftovers? You sure you did them right? :laugh:

I am doing 1, yes ONE, Briggs 5HP right now that will be white in color. Can you share the paint code? Please!

Just finished up the ten Briggs & Stratton motors for the ten Fox Campus bikes that I am restoring and thought you might like to take a look at them. I decided to go with five of the 3hp and five of the 4hp. All of them have been blueprinted to factory specs. with all new internal and external components being replaced as needed. The only compromise that I made to originality was replacing the old points and condenser type ignition with modular electronic ignition systems. Each one was completely disassembled, degreased, bead blasted, primed and painted in the original Briggs "ice white" color.

This guy never ceases to amaze. Unless you have gone through the process of taking apart an old worn out grungy engine and following the true blueprinting process described above you have no idea of the amount of work that this photograph represents. Addressing all the internal components on that number of engines is yeomans work. Then there is the intense labor involved in correctly rebuilding and restoring the carburetion and ignition systems for each. Add to that the meticulous attention to fit and finish; painting and decaling the tins, tanks, recoils, brackets, etc...a staggering amount of work. I can only imagine the amount of work and hours of labor you have vested in restoring the bikes themselves.

Ogy, as always, thanks for posting. It's a real kick to see somebody who dedicates themselves to achieve that level of perfection. The hobby of restoring Old Mini Bikes is much a better place with you around.

You're setting the bar kind of high for the rest of us...but it's always fun to watch. :thumbsup:

PAINT-1.JPG PAINT-2.JPG
Ogy! You are an amazing machine! Those are awesome! Thanks for sharing the pics. Be proud of those! ..and no leftovers? You sure you did them right? :laugh:

I am doing 1, yes ONE, Briggs 5HP right now that will be white in color. Can you share the paint code? Please!
Car, The paint I used is called "Ice White". It comes in aerosol cans and is supposed to be a Briggs OEM color. I ordered mine from a place called Jack's Small Engines and it costs about $8.00 per can. You can google them for the website address. Ogy

This guy never ceases to amaze. Unless you have gone through the process of taking apart an old worn out grungy engine and following the true blueprinting process described above you have no idea of the amount of work that this photograph represents. Addressing all the internal components on that number of engines is yeomans work. Then there is the intense labor involved in correctly rebuilding and restoring the carburetion and ignition systems for each. Add to that the meticulous attention to fit and finish; painting and decaling the tins, tanks, recoils, brackets, etc...a staggering amount of work. I can only imagine the amount of work and hours of labor you have vested in restoring the bikes themselves.

Ogy, as always, thanks for posting. It's a real kick to see somebody who dedicates themselves to achieve that level of perfection. The hobby of restoring Old Mini Bikes is much a better place with you around.

You're setting the bar kind of high for the rest of us...but it's always fun to watch. :thumbsup:
Thank you so much KKK. Those are truly some of the nicest words anyone has ever said about me. It makes the 1800+ hours I spent on them all worth it. Ogy

The most beautiful engines I have ever seen. Where did you get them all?:bowdown::bowdown::bowdown::bowdown::bowdown::bowdown::bowdown::bowdown::bowdown::bowdown::bowdown::bowdown:

Tons of dedication right there. I can barely focus on one build for a week....you have been steadfast and haven't veered from you goal and maintain a high quality in your builds. Very nice work and I can't wait to finally see the bikes done.

The most beautiful engines I have ever seen. Where did you get them all?:bowdown::bowdown::bowdown::bowdown::bowdown::bowdown::bowdown::bowdown::bowdown::bowdown::bowdown::bowdown:
Ten years ago when I began my Fox Campus restoration project I knew that I was eventually going to need motors for all of them. So I began searching ebay on a daily basis and when a three or four horsepower Briggs motor from the 1960's came up I'd bid on it. The three horsepower motors weren't too difficult to find but the fours were somewhat scarce. Ogy