Fox Campus Questions

Did Fox Campus bikes ever come with 4hp Briggs & Stratton engines? Did they come with plastic or metal chain guards? The one I saw for sale was gold with gold stripes on the fenders and had a 4hp B&S. Thank you for the help.

Yes I believe some did come with a 4hp Briggs. As far as I know all the chain guards were plastic. I would try to get it if you can.

Did Fox Campus bikes ever come with 4hp Briggs & Stratton engines? Did they come with plastic or metal chain guards? The one I saw for sale was gold with gold stripes on the fenders and had a 4hp B&S. Thank you for the help.
Post some good photos of it.
Michael

I am in negotiations for it right now. My buddy bought a Rupp Continental from the guy & told me about this one. Looks pretty clean; I hope it works out. If it does, I'll definitely post pics.

Hello KOZ, Yes, Fox Campus bikes did come with 3,4,5,hp Briggs motors. Here are some details about the Fox bike you're looking at. The motor has been repainted and is not original.....thehe recoil is facing in the wrong direction. The footpegs are home made out of water pipe. The seat is not original. The tail light is the wrong style for that year and not original. The color is definitely not original. Should be HiFi blue. Fork boots are shot. Headlight has been painted. Should be all chrome. This bike was made somewhere between 1962 and 1965. Fox did make a few models with steel fenders and steel chainguards but not this one. The chainguard on this bike is original but somewhat beat up. The rear shocks have seen better days. I'll be glad to answer any other questions that you might have. Ogy