Fox Campus

Just picked up my first vintage mini. shes rough but should be fun to fix up. best i gather from reading over the site its around a '65 Fox Campus. still has the tag under the seat. other than the engine appears original (minus the home depot paint job) probably should have had a techumseh with lighting coil and more than likely was hifi blue. i saw where the board expert on these is possibly no loner with us, rip. any additional info on the Campus would be appreciated. 20220427_193220.jpg

Attachments

nightgrider

Nice looking fox campus. Wish I had the parts you have when I started mine. The only original parts I had were the frame and the wheels. Definitely don't chuck the seat, taillight, headlight, or fenders. Those look to be original just painted. An upholstery shop can pull the pattern off your current cover to make you a new one.

Attachments

Last edited:

markus

Just picked up my first vintage mini. shes rough but should be fun to fix up. best i gather from reading over the site its around a '65 Fox Campus. still has the tag under the seat. other than the engine appears original (minus the home depot paint job) probably should have had a techumseh with lighting coil and more than likely was hifi blue. i saw where the board expert on these is possibly no loner with us, rip. any additional info on the Campus would be appreciated. View attachment 289188
Your bike is the last version of that frame 1968/69 not a 1965. What is the rear tire you have?

markus

Adran..posted pics.

what colors were known on these minis? i see you have/had a gold one, which is really sharp!
mostly blue, that gold one was a repaint and was one year previous to yours with the battery powered lights and removable handlebars. Thanks for the pic, Looked a little too chunky to be a Schenuit. Adran makes sense for that last version timeframe although a tread pattern not terribly common for them. very early 2nd gen campus frames (what you have) they had a red as well. Those were actually sold though Montgomery wards and under the "GoKart" name.....1963-65 time period on those, but under the Fox name they were Blue.