Fox Spoiler for a 1973 Suzuki 125 TC debate!

Well I know this may sound stupid, but are mini bikes and Enduro bikes extremely different from each other? I'm debating whether I should trade my 1970's Fox Spoiler mini bike for this 1973 Suzuki TC 125. I love my Fox Spoiler, but I want something faster and I'm afraid that the Suzuki might not be as good for some reason. If I'm not mistaken, this Suzuki is classified as a Enduro bike (dirt bike) and the Fox Spoiler (obviously) is a mini bike. I wish I could afford a Honda CT-70 mini bike cause that is a "mini bike", but it has the style and specs of a trail bike. If any one knows anything about these bikes that I don't know please reply and drop your opinions! I know this is a mini bike community, but that's why I put this in the "Off Topic Discussion" thread. The Suzuki has 1,700 miles on it and has a 4 speed manual with a 2-stoke, oil-injected 125cc engine with two settings of trail and street, but can get to nearly 80 mph. Also, if I were to trade it, could I talk about it on this forum still (on the off topic at least)? Please reply and give me some opinions! Thanks!

Here are some pics of my 1970's Fox Spoiler:
WP_20150706_12_36_11_Pro.jpg WP_20150706_12_36_24_Pro.jpg WP_20150706_12_36_30_Pro.jpg WP_20150706_12_36_54_Pro.jpg

Here are some pics of that 1973 Suzuki TC 125:
00L0L_lQ5ucRRN17w_600x450.jpg 01717_dXyRoZCPlRo_600x450.jpg

Well this is my opinion and that's about all it's worth.

After spending more than a decade of Suzuki TC restorations, they are not bringing the money they once were. Not even close. There are a couple of people who spent many years buying NOS TC parts from dealerships across the country. Parts are getting difficult to find pushing you to these people who charge INSANE prices. I am not sure you will get your same money for the Fox.

I am going to Vintage Days at Mid Ohio Racetrack which is one of the grand daddy vintage bike meets. I can look at prices for you but I really do think you will be disappointed.

On the other hand, the TC Suzuki bikes are plain fun. They are just a different Genre of the two wheel world.

Doc

WrenchDad

From a Money aspect ( Value) I think the restored Fox is worth more. But as a trade to get a different riding experiance I would definatley trade the fox for the motorcycle (that bike looks like it's in pretty good shape). They are two different animals. I didnt own the Suzuki 125 enduro but I friend of mine had one and I rode it all the time (usually double up off road) and it was a great ride. I cant vouche for 80 MPH but two cycle 125cc 5 speed and a road gear vs. the small frame, jack shaft mini bike. the Motorcycle is a better chioce. (for that kind of riding). IMO

I collect both minibikes and vintage jap bikes and love both

If the tc has papers and you are planning on street riding it then go for it
If you are going to use it as a "dirt bike" then there are a lot better choices

But as.others have posted , there is no way to compare a motorcycle to a minibike

As for the power of 2strokes , 80 mph is optomistic but my 1972 kawasaki G3tra100 will pull my 285# to 65 mph and not take a lot of time to do it lol

Last edited:
I will probably just keep my Fox Spoiler and save up for a dirt bike of some type. I like the gauges and lights that come with them, so I'm planning on getting one just like that. If there are any old Enduro bikes that you would recommend, please message me. Thanks for the help guys.