Front hydraulic brake kit

You can run a distribution block and a proportion valve to lessen the front pressure. That starts to be alittle more costly then what most want to spend though. Or if u know how to control your hand then just mount the caliper.

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk 2
That would work, had one on a 68 Z28 I had with Donahue suspension and it's DZ302 4speed and 12 bolt limited slip intact. The adjustment came in handy in supercross and road events to give the right bias for the track conditions. A bit of overkill for minibike brakes, especially on a cheaply made chinese bike but folks spend more and get less all the time and spend $ they will never get back. I've been deep in a project before I knew it more than once. A DB master here did juice brakes on back and manual up front with excellent results and got adjustable bias with some shakedown runs and work. Any more is paramount to pissing into the wind IMO but again many folks overspend on crap they do not need. I like simplicity but some do not.:laugh:

I read this thread because I am trying to figure out a front brake setup for my MMB80. I have no real desire to stop very well (despite a heavily upgraded 212 motor), I was mainly just trying to figure out how I can make my mini stoppie... so I can be the first guy in my area to stunt on a mini. However, after reading the back and forth, I have to say. This is probably the first thread i've read where EVERYBODY'S ideas are correct, which makes the back and forth seem odd.

Get hydro brake and put it on the rear. If you know you want a front brake, then build the bracket, and put the standard brake on the front at no extra cost, and if you're not satisfied, put a hydro up front, since you'll already have a bracket made, and if you're not happy with THAT then get that bias thing or whatever it was called (I didn't even know that was a thing.). I know this thread is old, but I decided to comment on it because after this whole discussion I finished this damn thread and still had no closure on this issue! Did you put the rear brake up front? Hydro? Bias thing-a-ma-jigg? I must know! I must stoppie! :hammer::thumbsup:

Last edited:
I will come out of hiding and tell you from my experiance that hydraulic on the front is awesome. But doing stoppies is doable but hard. The tops of the handlebars are just over knee height and to put your weight foward to get the back up your whole upper body is over the bars.. Not to mention when you slam on the brake to get it to lift everything on the bars dig into your thighs and it hurts like hell.

I will come out of hiding and tell you from my experiance that hydraulic on the front is awesome. But doing stoppies is doable but hard. The tops of the handlebars are just over knee height and to put your weight foward to get the back up your whole upper body is over the bars.. Not to mention when you slam on the brake to get it to lift everything on the bars dig into your thighs and it hurts like hell.
Ouch. Hmm... I still intend to learn to stunt this thing... but thanks man... i'll definitely re-think my approach... maybe take a motorcycle setup and convert it to fit a mini. Maybe a dual piston caliper? One thing is for sure... I WILL stoppie this joker!