Front shocks the billion options.

AldoA

I've spent weeks and weeks looking into this and have discovered sadly nothing currently is produced? mb165, mb200, motovox, Honda wild money Z50 or something like that

There's obviously a million ways to go, but I want to find the easiest and cheapest. The stock head stem likely has to go which isn't such a bad thing. After tons of pages, sizes, heights hts I've found Harley wide glide triple trees top outer leafs are 1" so they'll fit pw80 forks. 10.5" wide center to center with PW forks being 26mm wide exposed, they're probably around 42mm at the base (total guess). Leaving approximately 8.85 inches from bolt hole to bolt hole. I know pw80 is only 10mm bolt hole but 12mm OD x 10mm ID Bushing Adapters should easily do the job or just get bigger bearings.

Do you think it's a good option to go the Harley route? Screenshot_20170629-104438~01.png Screenshot_20170629-104443~01.png Screenshot_20170629-104432~01.png

Last edited:
Not trying to be disputive but that slip stick is showing that hole at a good 32nd under an inch.

I have a complete PW80 fork assembly that I snuck up on on Evil Bay sometime back but have not measured any of it.

Never touched a Harley so I have no clue there either....

I would measure that hole with a caliper just to see what an accurate measurement was.

You could be onto something good and we can all benefit from more options for forks and triple trees.

Keep us updated on this as I am curious now.

Doug

I've spent weeks and weeks looking into this and have discovered sadly nothing currently is produced? mb165, mb200, motovox, Honda wild money Z50 or something like that

There's obviously a million ways to go, but I want to find the easiest and cheapest. The stock head stem likely has to go which isn't such a bad thing. After tons of pages, sizes, heights hts I've found Harley wide glide triple trees top outer leafs are 1" so they'll fit pw80 forks. 10.5" wide center to center with PW forks being 26mm wide exposed, they're probably around 42mm at the base (total guess). Leaving approximately 8.85 inches from bolt hole to bolt hole. I know pw80 is only 10mm bolt hole but 12mm OD x 10mm ID Bushing Adapters should easily do the job or just get bigger bearings.

Do you think it's a good option to go the Harley route? View attachment 98172 View attachment 98170 View attachment 98171
I'm not clear on your dilemma , I just drill the PW forks out to 12mm or if I'm using real American wheels I drill to 1/2" and buy standard wheel bearings ?