Fuel line - size / brands / choices

Triley41395

I'm sure this has been asked/discussed many times but when you do a search ten billion things pop up. Is there a specific brand and/or size of fuel line that most purchase. I'm looking for fuel line to go behind the shroud on tecumseh engines. Some of it is 7/16"od some says 1/2"od. I don't know what size was originally installed to go behind the clip, between the fins but from what I can tell it was 15/32od. I don't want to get 10 feet of the wrong size.

Minimichael

1/4" ID, regardless of OD.

Also beware of lower quality or off- brands. Certain hoses were shedding black bits and dust into the fuel and clogging carb jets. The worst of them warned "Do Not Use For Fuel Injection systems..." I figured that was just a psi thing, but sure enough now I only use it for vent line...

toomanytoys

I bought some “fuel” line from a flea market. Super nice stuff. Easy to bend where you wanted it. After it had fuel in it for a few weeks it turned hard as a rock. I took it out and it was shattering in my hand.

Triley41395

Not if he wants to snake it behind the blower housing on a Tec, OD is very important. Standard automotive 1/4" fuel line is too "fat".
Also, the genuine Tec line has the support braiding molded in, and stays soft for years.
Tygon is for weedwackers:D
Yeah I ordered some tecumseh fuel line. Says it is .4375 od. I do have some of the clear and colored fuel line but like you said it's not for behind the shroud. I only use ethanol free gas so the other work okay for other applications for me.

The colored stuff gets hard.
Not all of it. The best quality fuel line I have ever purchased was the (red) colored fuel line from Blackwidowmotorsports. When my son and I restored a 1970 Rupp Roadster and a 1971 Rupp Hustler a few years ago we used it on both bikes. Even with our ethanol-containing California fuel the lines are still very pliable and not hard at all. In addition, the OD is only .410" so you can easily snake it behind the flywheel and shroud of a Tecumseh engine. Contact Jim Kise at Blackwidowmotorsports and he will take good care of you.
Michael

well first don't do like me and use cheap gas hose i have a old craftsman generator with a briggs motor and the other day i put gas in for fall - winter and about 10pm wife said whats the smell i keep it on the front porch for emergencies needless to say the hose split and leaked all the gas out and now days gas is gold. i went to ace hardware and bought the good stuff with the cotton stuff in it 1/4 " ID and i paid $1.60 a foot i'm sure a lot cheaper than name brand package stuff .