fuel pump and pulse

Bruceo

can someone tell me how this all works? i see lines coming out the valve covers and crankcase on some motors and they seem to go to a fuel pump and intake manifold. anyone have a diagram of this?

Bruceo

OK Thanks,, then what are the lines i see on everyones that come out the valve cover or the governor hole? just breather tubes? got any recomendations on a fuel pump for about 35-40 hp motor?

what sort of motor? if you have a 12v scorce you can run an electric pump. but the larger pulse pumps should work too if you run one per carb

Bruceo

420 Predator

Parsons rod/piston combo,comes with a billet rod ,high compression piston,wrist pin,rings.

billet flywheel.

Cam.Camshaft Specifications:
Duration @ .050" Cam Lift = 260 Degrees
Cam Lift = .360"
billet lifters, Raceseng roller rockers,CM pushrods, dual springs.billet valve retainers,valve guides. pushrod plates.
Head ported. 1.25 header.
SS valves

billet side cover.

carb,?? not sure yet,it will run on gas.

Bruceo

is my HP guessimation too high with this combo? i have no idea.i was going to call Parsons and let him put me a combo together for about that HP range.i haven't yet though.

No i don't have a 12 volt source since no one will make a billet flywheel with the charging weights on it.

Last edited:
This is my first time with a pump but I have read that people are having oil in the pulse line when using the valve cover or side cover so I used the intake manifold ant it came with the fitting from nr-racing. It works for my application that is a small block 196clone with a little bmjr and a bored 390 carb:shrug:

Bruceo

Ok thanks, but I'm a little confused. Wouldn't hooking it up to the intake be vacuum and just the opposite on the case or valve cover where you have pressure venting? or it doesn't matter as long as there is a pulse?

Last edited: