Fuel Pump- What goes where?

C9H13NO3

I have this fuel pump I picked up with a tilly awhile ago, and I don't know what lines go where.

To what barb do I connect a fuel in line? ( I think it is the blue plastic barb)

To what barb do I connect the pulse line?

To what barb do I connect the fuel out line?

Also, the pump says tilly on one side, and horstman on the other ???

Have you taken it apart yet?
Sometimes that's the only way to figure out how things work.

The other way is the hook up 3 three clean tubes to each fitting.
Blowing in and out of one will cause the other two to pump.:laugh:

This is my theory.....

• Fuel inlet - is the blue cover
  • Left fitting - Pulse fitting
  • Right fitting - fuel outlet

Korndog should know this one because it involves a three stack system.

C9H13NO3

This is my theory.....

• Fuel inlet - is the blue cover
  • Left fitting - Pulse fitting
  • Right fitting - fuel outlet

Korndog should know this one because it involves a three stack system.
I was thinking about the same thing. I was thinking that the blue cover is the fuel inlet (like it is on tillys) and there is an "F" carved into the right fitting. I'll see if it will come out in a pic.

If I had it in my hands I would figure it out.Its just a fuel pump.
You want me to ship it to you? :laugh:

I know how I am going to test my theory. When I was troubleshooting my clone, I used a compressor and bursts of air to get fuel to the carb through the pump. I'll attach lines to each barb, and put one in a bowl of water, the other in an empty bowl, and blow air through the other line. If it works and water gets moved, I am right with my theory :thumbsup:

Neck

Growing up is optional
Ok

I'm going to go out on a limb here, but the crankcase pulse should be on one side, and the fuel should be on the other side, with flapper valves controlling the flow. But I have to ask, is your tank above, or below the carb? If it's above, why are you using a pump? Because I have gravity fed 500 cc two strokes with no fuel starvation issues! Just curious.

If you have an engine to connect the pulse fitting to that would be better.Blowing compressed air into it will just ruin it.
I misspoke in that post, I use 1/4 seconds burst of air at the lowest PSI I can get my compressor down to, and do it very carefully. I've never ruined a pump before with this method, and I've done it to a few different ones in the past couple months.

I'm going to go out on a limb here, but the crankcase pulse should be on one side, and the fuel should be on the other side, with flapper valves controlling the flow. But I have to ask, is your tank above, or below the carb? If it's above, why are you using a pump? Because I have gravity fed 500 cc two strokes with no fuel starvation issues! Just curious.
My tank is below the carb, so I need to run a pump. I don't want to, but I must.

Neck

Growing up is optional
Sorry

I'm a believer in less is more and K.I.S.S. (keep it simple stupid!) I can't stand seeing stuff put on bikes that aren't necessary.

Neck

Growing up is optional
And!

Let me just add this, one thing I don't see, a LOT of times, is a fuel filter. Something that should always be used.