Fuel Tank Failure & Briggs 61102 Upgrades

Harquebus

..I might need Photoshop to clean up some of these pics.
Yeah you've certainly cluttered up the once clean lines of the engine and bike with a cornucopia of fuel tubing, couplers, hose clamps, more tubing, cables and more hardware... :D;) Keeping your local hardware store in business eh?

So you've gotten better performance and responsiveness than what you had with the old tank mounted Vacu-Jet carburetor? It IS a vacu-jet right? It gives me great joy that it's just a little, old Briggs.

I'm way late to the party but this is a great build thread--love the ingenuity. That melted aluminum exhaust is unreal.

Minimichael

Yeah you've certainly cluttered up the once clean lines of the engine and bike with a cornucopia of fuel tubing, couplers, hose clamps, more tubing, cables and more hardware... :D;) Keeping your local hardware store in business eh?

So you've gotten better performance and responsiveness than what you had with the old tank mounted Vacu-Jet carburetor? It IS a vacu-jet right? It gives me great joy that it's just a little, old Briggs.

I'm way late to the party but this is a great build thread--love the ingenuity. That melted aluminum exhaust is unreal.
Definitely have a weakness for hardware stores here. Yes way more performance from this old girl. However I plan to replace the Nibbi carb with a more ordinary slide carb soon. This bike also gives me problems when the weather changes, and despite my appetite for bells and whistles I just want them to start when summoned.