Funny People on Craigslist....

rmm727

no need to flag his posts, or harass him, further, it may be a crime, if you want, you can pm me and ask me how I know it may be a crime (and not because Ive done it before!) :deal:
Why not just tell us why this isn't a good idea. Since you haven't done it before...

Why not just tell us why this isn't a good idea. Since you haven't done it before...
people can do what they want. however to kinda answer your question, although i have recently retired, lets just say I am very familiar with the law, especially California Law (even internet crime).

no need to flag his posts, or harass him, further, it may be a crime
I was being serious when I asked you to tell us why this isn't a good ideal.
oh, ok... i apologize, if you think i wasnt taking you seriously... i had stated the reason in my initial post, but to further clarify...

1. (main reason) the "it may be a crime" (referring mainly to harassment, whether using internet or phone calls) is why it isnt a good idea... (crime issue, misdemeanor, even if you are out of state)

2. i didnt believe it was the right thing to harass anyone, just because we dont agree with the way his/her ad was written... the initial posted thread here is about as far as it should go, with our free speech, giving us the right to vent if we feel it necessary. but to harass someone (through email or phone calls) or flag someones post and cause irritation in their personal life, is in my opinion, wrong (moral issue)

Last edited:
from dwp dan I don't know who it was my wife got a call from some one saying my house would be burned down and I got 5 derty e-mails im leaving the site for good iguess I was trying to get some one to buy some if my bikes it didn't work im retired Vietnam vet 61 years old I think ill disappear from this site im sorry I caused so mutch greaf theres a lot of good people on this site thank you to all that have helped me along the way dan good bye

from dwp dan I don't know who it was my wife got a call from some one saying my house would be burned down and I got 5 derty e-mails im leaving the site for good iguess I was trying to get some one to buy some if my bikes it didn't work im retired Vietnam vet 61 years old I think ill disappear from this site im sorry I caused so mutch greaf theres a lot of good people on this site thank you to all that have helped me along the way dan good bye
Who ever did this should be ASHAMED of themselves...If I were the owner of this site and found out who these individuals were I'd ban them from this site forever!!
I hope your proud of yourselfs...:censure:

dwp dan
I'm so sorry for the behavior of these childish members..
Hope you will reconsider your discussion to leave OldMiniBikes

Who ever did this should be ASHAMED of themselves...If I were the owner of this site and found out who these individuals were I'd ban them from this site forever!!
I hope your proud of yourselfs...:censure:

dwp dan
I'm so sorry for the behavior of these childish members..
Hope you will reconsider your discussion to leave OldMiniBikes
i agree, bs! and also in tht case, a crime! wtf? people are silly... maybe they were silly enough to use their personal computer or phone and ip address...

MikeBear

If you really have those emails, you need to call your local police and let them find the sender. They will do so and get them prosecuted.

People just can't get away with that without being found, and with the way some people are going nuts today, you can't take any chances.

Please call the police!

I am truly sorry that someone would take such a disgusting prank to such a disgusting measure I personally think that you should make sure that your local police department is aware of your situation because you know that there are alot of psychos

whoah, WTF?? that is unbelievable. . .. . being silly on the internet or joking about flagging craigslist posts is one thing, but who in the hell thought this nonsense was the thing to do?? FOR SHAME, TOTALLY NOT FUNNY... :angry:
I agree that is grounds for calling the police, hopefully they can track down the twisted individual that did this...... I'm really sorry you and your family got upset by this idiocy...........

man, WHAT IS WRONG WITH PEOPLE??? Just some clowning around on the internet and someone took it to this??? ..... I'm really upset, this sucks...... :thumbdown: .....

Well one thing for sure Moto-Bunny is hopping mad. LOL
Good thing that Craigslist does not charge us money to use their web site. Just look at all the great buys come out of the barns and basements, sheds
Steve :scooter:

Well one thing for sure Moto-Bunny is hopping mad. LOL
Good thing that Craigslist does not charge us money to use their web site. Just look at all the great buys come out of the barns and basements, sheds
Steve :scooter:
Actually I'm more saddened and sickened by this recent development, but very :cursing: mad at the idiot that thought actual threats to a family were funny . . .wow, I still just can't believe there are people out there that would actually have harassed someone over a goofy line in a Craigs post, like that...

Do we now have to put lawyer-eque disclaimers on any posts now where we are just goofing around so some disturbed dolt out there doesn't go all extreme and run with it? :confused1:

rmm727

Serious. Maybe he doesn't need to be anymore.:2guns:
In hind sight, Not the best judgment on my part to use that emoticon. But rest assured, it wasn't me.

I put the ad in creags list I wanted to see if I could get a reply .
I don't know who it was my wife got a call from some one saying my house would be burned down and I got 5 derty e-mails im leaving the site for good
I'm sorry for not getting your joke/advertising gimmick. Just is a good example of how jokes can go horribly wrong.

Bikerscum

Post the emails here. If you don't know how to do that PM me and I'll give you my email address to send them to and I'll post them.

You have to name names. Otherwise it's wasted bandwidth. Sorry, but that's the reality. Anyone can post anything on the internet.

If someone called your house you need to call the local PD NOW. They will take it from there.

Thanks for your service.

matt2

Hi dwp dan
These assholes need to be taken serious what ever info you have give it to the police. Don't let them get away with it. Some people take stuff to serious. It only takes one idiot to start some thing like this and you don't know how far they will go. Go to the police. If It is a OldMiniBikes member they need to go for good. If you have any names let Hent know, I have been kicked off for a lot less. Anyway dan good luck and don't let these chicken shits make you leave the site!!!!!

Dwp dan here well guys i got some good news i turned it in to police they said too go to fbi they got a name back to me ray johnson in california
seams he goes on cregs list to buy mini bike parts the agent said he could not give me the adress or info on the person but now that guy is being investagated the threat needed to be recorded as of now its here say i like all you guys im going to fly right and what ever was said dont worry hell were all kids at hart ps win i list on e-bay or creag list you guys will get a good discount im selling some bonanza go powers two with tires and a scooter boy 35 by 72 tooth rear sprocket for any one of you guys 200.00 and free shipping ps i think im going to man up and stay on this site i really would like to see all you guys fell free to e mail me any time if i can help i will and ps thank you for the advise it helped it really did dwp dan