Gabrielle (Daniel) Coop's - "G Thang" Motovox MBX10 - (Chinese Class)

Daniel Coop

As suspected, swapping out the 57t rear sprocket for a 58t solved my chain issues.
Now all that's left is that I'm expecting the new fuel tank to show up tomorrow. Then I just have to drop it and the clutch cover off to be anodized red, put the 2 pieces on and go ride this pink monster.

Daniel Coop

The new smaller diameter, longer tank next to the the first one showed up Monday. Fits beautifully, and gave me enough room to level out the gas tank on the bike using 1/2" chrome spacers on the front mount. I'll probably end up using 3/4" spacers or adding an additional 1/8" spacers.
The motor plate and whole bike for that matter slope down in the front, making the engine not sit level in the bike which in turn made my gas tank slope down forward. With the larger tank, there was no room for correction. I also shaved down the throttle cable compression fitting bracket off the rear mount to clear the longer,
now level tank. And I already have the other one sold for what I paid for it.
The tank and clutch cover have been dropped off at Mid-America plating to be Anodized red. Anxious to see the results come this Friday or the following Monday. As soon as they come back, it'll be ready to ride.

Last edited:

Daniel Coop

Do you still have it so the cap is blocked?
Nope... Another reason I swapped out tanks. The gas cap now comes off and will be easily filled between the two top tubes with a funnel. Got word this afternoon that the my tank and clutch cover are done being anodized and I will be picking them up tomorrow. Will finish putting it together tomorrow and snap some pics outside. Will be done and ready for it's maiden voyage.
Decided to paint the bare metal tank brackets in a Krylon chalky finish pink paint. As close to a match as I could find, but doesn't match the frame perfectly, They will be mostly covered by the gas tank anyway making the difference even harder to notice.

Last edited:
Nope... Another reason I swapped out tanks. The gas cap now comes off and will be easily filled between the two top tubes with a funnel. Got word this afternoon that the my tank and clutch cover are done being anodized and I will be picking them up tomorrow. Will finish putting it together tomorrow and snap some pics outside. Will be done and ready for it's maiden voyage.
Decided to paint the bare metal tank brackets in a Krylon chalky finish pink paint. As close to a match as I could find, but doesn't match the frame perfectly, They will be mostly covered by the gas tank anyway making the difference even harder to notice.
Ahhh ok that's good, I had suggested the offset filler neck on that tank awhile back but you already had the new one. Sometimes they make it easier to fill in tight clearance spots. In your case it would have been outside the frame. So when is the reveal Bday?

Daniel Coop

Gabrielle's birthday was April 18, I tried but failed to have it completed, but after it wasn't, I decided to slow down a little bit and add final touches.
My anodizing experience had mixed results, and after picking up the tank and clutch cover, had to go to plan B. The clutch cover came out nicely, but the tank was a different story... I still opted to decal out the newly anodized clutch cover, for a racy look.

Due to the different lower quality alloys used in the tank, it came back 2 shades of purple and was hideous. I literally took it straight from the plater, to my powder coater and dropped it off for him to powder coat it to match the frame. I will pull the tank brackets back off and paint them gloss black.
So ugly I put it back to thumbnail size to make those who choose to, work to see it...lol. An expensive lesson in anodizing.

Last edited:

Daniel Coop

[video=youtube_share;BRU6rhnzkuw]https://youtu.be/BRU6rhnzkuw[/video]
Finally done boys, try not to cry...lol
IMG_20170523_140219288_HDR.jpg
IMG_20170523_140153663_HDR.jpg
IMG_20170523_140137917_HDR.jpg IMG_20170523_140124194.jpg
IMG_20170523_140100032.jpg IMG_20170523_140041036.jpg
Testing and final submission video(s?) Coming next

Daniel Coop

Holy shit! I've been "testing" all afternoon! Lol! Hands down the best bike I've built yet! This thing hauls ass, but is confidence inspiring! The suspension works perfectly absorbing all the little bumps in the road. I only wish I had a GoPro to take y'all for a ride with me! I've never been this fast through corners and curves on a mini bike before! I'm absolutely tickled pink! Lol! I hated the small pics in my last post, so here they are again, more visible.

I'm in love... Gabby's one lucky little girl!
Try to get my final video in tomorrow! Weather is supposed to be beautiful!

Daniel Coop

https://youtu.be/WB1V2UgK7KU[video=youtube_share;WB1V2UgK7KU]https://youtu.be/WB1V2UgK7KU[/video]
4 months of work, through trials and tribulations, all culminating to a 2 minute video... Lol!
What it really does is help forge an even stronger bond between me and my daughter. Through this awesome bike and hobby, we have, and will, share countless hours together having fun. We had our biggest pay-off so far this past weekend when we traveled into Denver to meet up and ride with MBN (local F.B. mini bike group). We met up at Invesco Field (home of the Denver Broncos) and rode 10 deep into the lower downtown area on city streets in traffic, then back out south out of downtown another 6-7 miles to a small park that has an awesome 1/4 mile, wide flat straight, that we like to drag race each other on. Of course I didn't let my daughter race, but it was funny none of the boys wanted to race me on the pink bike. So I handed them their asses on my Easyrider (in projects and rides forum section) instead. Proud of my daughter, she hung right in there with the big boys the entire ride and had a hell of a time! She's already asking about this weekend.:thumbsup: The Motovox has performed flawlessly so far and that GX200 is probably close to needing an oil change again already. This is the best bike I've built and ridden yet and am proud to share it with all of you! Here's a short video of me "testing" the bike[video=youtube_share;RQ9KBeExT8w]https://youtu.be/RQ9KBeExT8w[/video]
Sorry it's a little shaky... Gabby was my camera operator. Thanks for watching and I hope we can get your votes for the "Chinese class". I now know for future reference that to build a bike to my Build-Off standards I can only do one at a time! I hope to compete again next year.

Last edited: